When you're not planning the next software release to the world's premier financial services companies, you envision & implement creative ways to improve the efficiency of our global engineering teams. We're looking for a dynamic individual to continually re-invent and implement processes and tools to improve our ability to scale and to better support our customers.
You will be a member of the crucial Release Engineering team, and are responsible for ensuring the smooth and continual release of our solutions to the marketplace. You are a hub of activity and always seeking ways to improve how our solutions are engineered, deployed and supported. You are never satisfied with the status quo and always view challenges - and solutions - from the customer's point of view.
This role is an integral part of Calypso's Engineering team, and has a direct impact on the quality & deployability of our solutions. You are front & center with Executive Management, and must also effectively communicate with team members at every level of our organization. You must lead by example, get your hands dirty, dream big and deliver.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is creative, likes to tinker, and isn't afraid of promoting new ideas.
* Be actively involved in the Calypso software release process.
* Assess & quantitatively report progress on upcoming releases.
* Maintain and support a very large source repository for a global development team.
* Maintain and support daily operation of continuous build & integration across many branches and modules.
* Maintain and manage cloud & test environments and automation for QA, Product Management and Product Support.
* Automate and streamline the build/release process and establish best practices.
* Maintain and Support source control systems (Subversion).
Skills and Qualifications
* Minimum 3 years experience in the software industry on engineering, operations, or release engineering teams.
* Experience in one of the following source control systems: SVN, GIT, Perforce or Clearcases is a plus.
* Exposure to the following technologies: Hudson/Jenkins, Gradle, Nexus, Unix Shell scripting, LINUX.
* Good knowledge of JAVA, J2EE, Application Servers technologies.
* Excellent knowledge of Linux/Unix-based operating systems and databases
* Has strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
* Strong troubleshooting, and analytical skills
* Good verbal and written communication
Calypso Technology, Inc. is a leading provider of cross-asset front-to-back technology solutions for financial markets. It provides customers with a single platform for consolidation, innovation and growth. With 17 years experience delivering software and services for trading, risk management, processing and accounting, the Calypso solution helps bring simplicity to complex business and technology challenges. Calypso solutions address needs for the capital markets, investment management, clearing, collateral, treasury and liquidity. Clients can benefit from greater efficiency, improved risk management, better allocation of capital, faster regulatory compliance, quicker time to market and reduced TCO. Calypso Technology offers solutions that improve reliability, adaptability and scalability.
Calypso is used by over 34,000 market professionals in over 60 countries representing more than 180 financial institutions across Asia, Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa. Calypso Technology has over 700 staff in 20 global offices, with headquarters in San Francisco, California. "Calypso" is a registered trademark of Calypso Technology, Inc. in the United States, the European Union and other jurisdictions. Other parties' trademarks or service marks are the property of their respective owners and should be treated as such. www.calypso.com
Calypso offers long term career development opportunities, a competitive compensation package, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Calypso Technology is an equal opportunity employee (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.