What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We're the world's leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can't find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development - as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About Gartner Digital Markets:
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands-Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
We're looking for an experienced Release Engineer to manage our team's software releases. The Release Engineer will need to be competent in automation methodologies and feel comfortable working in an AWS and Git environment.
What You'll Need:
* 4+ Years experience working within the Software Development Life Cycle
* 2+ Years dedicated to DevOps or Release Engineering
* Experience working within the Gitflow release model and/or Continuous Delivery model within Linux and AWS environments
* Knowledge of Jira, Jenkins and Git, and making integrations across these tools
* Comfortable scripting using languages such as Bash, Python, PHP, Groovy, or Node.js
* Have a solid understanding of Docker and experience managing builds, configuration and deployments of Docker images
* Desired: experience in doing builds with npm, Webpack and PHP Composer
* Desired: experience in AWS and docker orchestration systems such as Swarm and Kubernetes
* Desired: experience in Gitlab and/or Bitbucket
What You'll Do:
* Manage the entire release process: coordinate with engineers across several teams, tracking tickets and release versions in Jira, merges in Git and notifications to the business.
* Writing automation and integrations for the above
* Handle daily deployments under the Continuous Delivery model
* Handle weekly deployments under the Gitflow release model
What We Offer:
* Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
* A collaborative and positive culture - Your team will be as smart and driven as you
* Outstanding compensation - Plus competitive benefits and generous time off
* A chance to make an impact - Your work will contribute directly to our strategy
Job Requisition ID:27506
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.