Req ID: 52570
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company's growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Redhat Linux Systems Administrator to join our team in Irving, Texas (US-TX), United States (US).
NTT Data is currently seeking a Red Hat Linux Systems Administrator to join our team in Irving, TX.
* Locate and interpret the various log and configuration files in RHEL6/7 to know when something is wrong and needs to be corrected as well as utilize various reporting OS reporting tools to diagnose and fix (sar, top, vmstat, netstat, iostat etc)
* Identify and fix issues related to storage both on the OS and at the Vmware cluster level including determining issues with mount points, slowness or communication issues with storage including LVM, NFS, Samba, filesystem corruption
* Utilize experience with VMware and using vCenter and vRops to analyze infrastructure issues at the cluster, hosts and individual vm layer including generating meaningful reports to identify contention issues that could negatively affect VM performance
* Recognize processes running that could be causing the server to hang or perform slow and ability to interpret and resolve
* Identify and communicate preventative measures to reduce future incidents
* Create and maintain technical written documentation related to architecture changes, troubleshooting both OS (Linux and/or Windows) and Infrastructure (vCenter)
* Deep understanding of the Linux boot process and architecture of both init-v and systemd type systems and how to diagnose and fix servers that won't boot properly
* Understanding of how CPU and Memory and swap is used in the OS as well as at a cluster level and how to use tools to measure and interpret within the OS
* Proficient in TCP/IP and ability to recognize when there are networking or DNS issues affecting the server's performance as well as run network traces on the OS and measure packet flow, port communication etc
* Has experience with Bash, Python, or Perl and ability to create and utilize scripts to complete tasks on large groups of servers
* 5 plus years of experience with RHEL administration and support in 1000+ server environment. RCHE level knowledge preferred
* 3 plus years of experience working with one or more scripting languages (e.g Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, Powershell)
* 3 plus years of experience administering and supporting a large high availability clustered environment with Vmware
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 118,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the "Company") is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.