Education and Experience required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position):
Education equivalent to Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or Information Technology or the equivalent in related experience; Certified Records Manager (CRM), Information Governance Professional (IGP) or related certifications are preferred. M.S. in Library Science, Information Science or Computer Science a plus.
Strong leadership abilities, with the capability to develop and guide Business and IT team members and operations personnel, and work with minimal supervision.
Experience developing, planning and implementing records management and information governance programs, including records retention and all the elements that make up a best in class RIM program.
Three to five (3-5) years of experience in Information Governance or a related discipline.
Knowledge of records management and preservation procedures, practices, techniques, and digital preservation theory and practice.
Knowledge of principles of database management, enterprise architecture, and systems analysis is preferred.
Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of company records and information.
Experience with Records Management software.
Experience working with legal, administrative, audit, and compliance staff.
Experience developing and maintaining policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
Project Management or Audit training / certification an asset.
Is it important that you work for a reputable and environmentally-conscious company? Are you driven by making a positive impact in a dynamic and flexible environment? Do you get excited about the opportunity to drive process improvements? If so, Stericycle is just what you're looking for! Apply now to start the conversation and become our Newest Team Member!
We are looking to grow our team with a Records and Information Analyst.
Position Purpose: Data protection refers to the practices, controls, and requirements for safeguarding personal information from compromise, corruption, or loss.
It aims to strike a balance between individual privacy rights while still allowing data to be used for business purposes. The importance of data protection increases as the amount of data created and stored continues to grow at exponential rates.
This position will work with the VP, Data Protection to implement, enforce, and maintain a global data retention program, as well as an information classification program, and execute the supporting processes.
Key Position Activities: List the ongoing day-to-day essential job responsibilities in priority order.
1) Develop, maintain and implement policies and procedures related to the management, storage and retention of both electronic and printed content.
2) Ensure records are controlled and managed in a compliant manner throughout their life cycle including storage and archiving, and that the record management system meets company procedures, regulatory requirements and industry standards.
3) Perform records management gap analysis, collect, analyze and interpret data.
4) Act as liaison with business functions with regard to implementation and support of records management and information classification practices.
5) Support the organization's efforts to monitor, educate on, and promote compliance with all federal, state, and international data retention and disposal requirements.
6) Reduce offsite storage inventory and related costs by implementing the organization's strategy for retention and destruction of both physical and electronic records.
7) Drive implementation of information governance and best practices, tools and associated processes across the enterprise.
8) Conduct periodic audits of physical files stored in local offices.
9) Aid in the development of compliance-based metrics and reporting mechanisms to track data retention and data classification program compliance.
10) Support the organization's global privacy program efforts.
Stericycle is a compliance company that specializes in collecting and disposing regulated substances.