Search for more jobs
Real-time simulation - Software Engineer in Test
* Job: 21300-BWAL
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Quality Engineering
Come join a small, high-energy quality engineering team responsible for testing the various features of the Simulink Real-Time product. Simulink Real-Time lets you create real-time applications from Simulink models and run them on dedicated target computer hardware connected to your physical system. It supports real-time simulation and testing, including rapid control prototyping, DSP and vision system prototyping, and hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) simulations.
As a member of the Simulink Real-Time team, the Software Engineer in Test will be developing automated test suites and conducting hands-on testing of the supported APIs, I/O drivers and communication protocols such as Real-Time UDP and EtherCAT. You will work closely with other Quality Engineers and developers to improve standards and strategies for efficient automated testing. This position is for someone who enjoys solving challenging problems, designing and documenting new automated tests and processes, and communicating with the team.
Click here for Simulink Real-Time product information: http://www.mathworks.com/products/simulink-real-time/
* Define and implement testing strategies including new automated test harnesses.
* Develop fully automated test-benches for software and lab hardware to launch the next generation of high-performance real-time systems
* Participate in feature development including authoring of test plans.
* Write fully automated test suites using MATLAB and other automated tools
* Execute the interactive testing plans.
* Discover, analyze and report bugs detected in MATLAB, Simulink, Simulink Real-Time and other Toolboxes using an in-house bug tracking system.
* As an individual contributor in the QE department, the candidate will work closely with the Development, QE, and Documentation teams and will work occasionally with Technical Support.
* A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
* Programming experience in a high level programming language such as MATLAB, C/C++, Python.
* Familiarity with MathWorks products such as Simulink Coder and Embedded Coder.
* Knowledge of embedded systems, embedded code, code generation, and/or compilers is a plus.
* Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming.
* Knowledge of network protocols such as Ethernet, UDP, CAN is plus
* Experience debugging device drivers and kernels within a real time system using emulators is a plus
* Experience working with PC hardware (PCI/PCIe devices), oscilloscopes and signal analyzers
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
About The Mathworks
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.