NBC News is seeking a Real-Time Graphics Programmer to join the Real-Time Graphics team. The RTG Programmer will help develop and maintain the back-end applications that distribute election data in real time to on-air graphics platforms, as well as the control applications that drive the graphics for live events. A successful candidate will have experience in software development, web development, and database management as well as experience using multiple programming languages and web technologies. Experience supporting live TV productions and exposure to Vizrt and Unreal graphics engines is a plus.
This is a staff with end date position, slated to end December 2020.
* Code and test programming for in-house software programs
* Debug code for existing programs based on immediate need
* Conduct end-user training upon completion of software
* Balance workday between multiple projects and respond immediately to tech support requests from staff
* Implement systems in in-house production environment
* Troubleshoot system bugs and issues
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming or related field
* 3+ years' software development experience
* HTML, CSS and C# experience required
* Experience working with Transact-SQL, MS SQL Server, NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, Redis, etc…)
* Familiarity with Web server technologies like Node.js, J2EE, Apache, Nginx, ISS, etc.
* Advanced knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
* Organization and analytical thinking skills with the ability to attend to details
* Ability to focus on multiple projects at once and to troubleshoot problems quickly
* The ability to work within and adhere to established deadlines