Description:This position is part of the Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control and MBDA Deutschland Joint Venture (JV) team to develop the next generation Integrated Air and Missile Defense System, "TLVS," for the German Bundeswehr.
The JV is the prime contractor for this new system, which is headquartered in Schrobenhausen, Germany. The company will also have operations in Dallas, Texas, Huntsville, Alabama, and Syracuse, New York, as well as locations in Ulm and Koblenz, Germany.
TLVS is a highly mobile ground based air and missile defense system for protection against the current and future threat spectrum in the lower tier. TLVS is based on the technology and development results of the tri-national MEADS air and missile defense system (US, Germany, Italy). The development of this latest generation air defense system was proven by the system demonstration in 2014. TLVS will be employed by Germany in the context of national and collective defense as well as for the protection of deployed troops, facilities and areas against all kinds of aerial threats including the interception of the latest generation of ballistic missiles.
The individual components of the system are mounted on protected vehicles, offering high tactical mobility for the protection of mobile land forces.
This position will be an expatriate assignment located in Schrobenhausen, Germany. The primary task will be to support the development of the TLVS System Simulation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing simulation products used for the end to end simulation, the system simulator and performance verification at the system level.
Additional responsibilities will include participation in the development of TLVS end to end simulation components developed by the TLVS program companies.
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD.
* Prior experience as a simulation and algorithm specialist familiar with integrated air defense systems and complete system end-to-end real time and non-real time simulations
* Familiarity with command, control, time synchronization, and launcher/missile/radar control algorithms needed for real time analysis of air defense system operations
* Familiarity with Battle Management and C4I functions and performance for a network integrated air defense system
* Prior experience integrating and debugging complex simulations composed of multiple elements delivered by different parties
* Excellent analytical skills paired with in depth understanding of CSF and C/C++ programming language utilizing a Corba implementation
* Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
* Candidate should be willing to TDY on assignment to Schrobenhausen, Germany
* Candidate should possess an active and current Secret level clearance
* German language skills
* Experience participating in diverse teams
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.