EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries-EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems- EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what's possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be working as part of an Agile team to analyze, design, develop, test, document, and implement high-performance, real-time/embedded applications incorporating all technical elements from low level driver development to user interfaces.
* Review system requirements and design
* Design and develop new software applications, working closely with system designers and developers
* Implement software applications passing through all stages of development
* Complete development projects on time and within budget
* Present project objectives, risks and success criteria to Management team
* Provide clear and detailed status reports on a regular basis to Management team
* Analyze and resolve software issues
* Participate in development and maintenance of software release notes and guidelines
* Mentor junior software programmers
* Bachelor's Degree or higher; preferably Computer Science major or related discipline.
* 10 to 12 years of software development experience
* Proficiency in software development in real-time embedded Linux environments
* C/C++, Objected Oriented development experience
* Experience using scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python)
* Device driver development
* Knowledge and experience with Multithreading, working in a multicore environment
* Algorithm development experience
* Networking knowledge
* Familiarity with CPU Architecture and HW basics
* Team leadership experience
* Good Communication skills both written and verbal
* Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively within a team environment
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.
EchoStar provides satellite service operations and video delivery solutions worldwide.