… Join our team and make the world better for developers!
We are hiring a Technical Education Programming Manager for the Microsoft Reactors, our community space and outreach program in key markets around the world, which sits in the Microsoft Cloud + AI organization. Our global team is maniacal about making the world amazing for developers of all backgrounds. We're excited to support and contribute to open source platforms, tools, and processes. We're spreading awareness of Azure and enabling developers to do what they love; write, code, and learn. And through the Microsoft Reactors, neighborhood campuses where people gather and exchange ideas and learning, developers and technical decision makers of all stripes are welcome.
Do you enjoy writing code, deploying applications in the cloud and sharing with the world how to do this? We are hiring a technical programming manager who will define, create and manage technical educational programming and in person learning curriculum. We're looking for an experienced technologist who is not afraid to get their hands dirty. You will define how the next generation of developers learn to build and deploy apps.
The Reactors are an extension of the Microsoft brand and what we represent and stand for when it comes to engaging with developers and having a physical space to host our developer friends make the Reactors a key strategic asset. You'll nurture these relationships and drive new business development for Reactors that will be inclusive of partners and customers.
* 5+ years of experience of development experience
* Solid communication skills - ability to be both a strong writer as well as a dynamic public speaker
* Passion for helping developers connect people and communities through the cloud
* A self-starter that can manage and prioritize initiatives that will make our developers and platform the most successful
* The role is based in Redmond, but travel will be heavy for where Reactors are located
* Previous experience as a developer advocate, developer evangelist, or customer-facing developer-focused role
* Proven experience working with 3rd party communities, influencers, social media and blogging required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
As the Programming manager of the global Reactors, you'll help create the technical connection within the Microsoft Reactor community, driving new leading-edge learning content and programming. You'll help these communities understand how Azure's cloud and AI platform can be used individually and together for data science, machine learning, mixed reality and creating new cognitive applications and so much more.
You'll be instrumental in educating a large and vibrant community with cutting edge Microsoft Technologies, as well helping drive new learning focused engagements within the Reactors and working with the Reactor PM team and Technical lead on providing a world class experience for the next generation of developers.
* A proven geek. Over five years of successful dev work in tech will be required
* Write real code, deploy real apps and understand the core building blocks of modern applications
* Understand the intersection of technical trends and how they relate to the changing developer landscape.
* The ability to create educational content, videos, calls to action for developers who want to use Azure
* Champion relevant Azure products and services to your target community at summits, meetups, hackathons, and other forums that occur inside the Reactors
* Scale your efforts by partnering with the Microsoft field and developers in community influencer and advocacy programs
* A key part of this will be "creating heroes" in these communities to effectively scale through others, and making sure they help spread the message of the Reactors and Microsoft Azure
* Build relationships with key influencers, foster a healthy technical community, and drive full utilization and capacity at the Reactors
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.