We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented React UI Developer to join our team in Herndon, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Working closely with the Senior developers, the REACT UI Developer will participate in the Front End design, development, integration testing and validation for a browser based application implemented using REACT and backend micro services. The candidate will be responsible for developing and testing REACT code as dictated by project requirement.
* Understand the fundamentals of CSS, its syntax in the context of a React app.
* Have good understanding of web components and bundlers like webpack.
* Understand the basics of routing in the context of a single page react based app.
* Understand the basics of web security and common authentication mechanisms.
* Develop responsive React UI components that can support multiple environments (mobile and desktop) and integrate with backend HTTP(s) based end points.
* Code fully automated integration tests (to run in a CI pipeline) - working indepently or in conjunction with a tester.
* Use Open Source IDE Tools such as Visual Studio Code.
* Work with users in an Agile development approach to understand requirements, elicit feedback and refine solution through demonstrations.
* Provide application support during testing and production phase and work with the lead to deploy code fixes as needed.
* BS Degree in Computer Science and 3-5 years in front-end frameworks.
* Minimum of 1 year hands on React based UI development experience.
* Familiarity with Open Source IDEs such as : Visual Studio Code, Eclipse
* Experience utilizing various debugging tools and methodologies for debugging UI and React components.
* Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively to develop innovative solutions to software problems
* Provide Github link for sample work (if available)
Desired knowledge and experience includes:
* Agile development approach
* Strong initiative: must be able to take a high-level requirement, ask questions/seek clarifications, and get the job done
* Superior written and oral communication skills are essential
* Must work well in a team environment as well as independently
* Excellent verbal/written communication and problem solving skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels
Clearance - Must pass CBP BI.
Citizenship - Must be a US Citizen.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you'll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government's critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Req ID = 2018-4839