In order to address the most critical needs of our clients, RSM US LLP has established the Security and Privacy Services group, comprised of more than 150 professionals dedicated exclusively to serving the cyber security needs of our clients. This group includes experienced consultants located throughout the country dedicated to helping clients with preventing, detecting, and responding to security threats that may affect their critical systems and data. We serve a diverse client base within a variety of industries, and we are relied upon to provide expertise within areas of security testing, architecture, governance, compliance, and digital forensics.
We are seeking a highly motivated associate capable of developing and maintaining security tools and providing technical security expertise to our clients' requirements to identify and reduce risk.
Responsibilities will be based on background but will typically include:
* Manage and prioritize, projects and tasks to completion through clear communication, expectation settings, deadline management, and within applicable resource and economic requirements.
* Work on development and maintenance of security-centric applications used by both the internal team and released publicly as open source software.
* Think critically to conduct troubleshooting and come up with unique and out of the box solutions for highly technical issues.
* Research emerging technologies, new and unique projects, protocols, problems, and vulnerabilities with little to no documentation to meet the requirements of clients and internal projects.
* Support our internal staff - work collaboratively with others and provide on the job training regarding internal toolsets.
* Support our clients - conduct yourself in a professional manner and develop meaningful relationships with client personnel.
* Work effectively both as a team member and independently.
* Model the core RSM values of respect, integrity, teamwork, excellence and stewardship in all interactions with clients and team members
* This position is for individuals with 2-3 years of hands-on development experience. Direct development of security tools and scripts is highly preferred but not required.
* Minimum of 2 years of application development utilizing Python
* Comfortable in utilizing Linux as your base operating system
* Minimum of 1 year in Cyber Security or related Information Technology position.
* Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools
* Qualified to pursue a job relevant certification (e.g. Security+, OSCP)
* Ability to travel to meet client needs
* Must possess a high degree of integrity and confidentiality, as well as the ability to adhere to both company policies and best practices
* Strong verbal and written abilities
* Strong multitasking and project management skills
Preferred qualifications that may vary by candidate:
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field from an accredited college/university
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req7205
Line of Business: Consulting Services
SubFunction: RAS Security&Privacy Risk Cons
Job Type: Full Time
Req #: req7205
Location: One South Wacker Dr Ste 800, , Chicago, IL US
Region: Great Lakes Region
Job Category: Business Consulting/Technology
Employment Type: Current Openings
Degree Required: Bachelor
About Junction Solutions
Junction Solutions offers industry-specific ERP solutions and expertise for the retail and consumer goods industries.