What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you're a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior level
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Candidate will be responsible for supporting engineering, operation and maintenance of the test ranges at the McKinney facility.
The candidate will be expected to support the testing of production assets. This may include the authoring of processes such as acceptance testing plans, standard operating procedures and reporting of potential improvements.
The candidate will operate range instrumentation systems including (HP/Agilent or Keysight) 8510, 8530, PNA and PNA-X. Manufacturers/Software will include Orbit F/R 959 suite and NSI nearfield systems. Candidate must be able to configure an anechoic test chamber, set up the instrumentation, calibrate the range acquisition system and collect all required parameters. The candidate will evaluate range instrumentation and perform link budget analysis.
Candidate will be responsible to support programs with system test development which includes software and hardware.
Candidate should be familiar with Antenna calibration process and documentation.
Candidate will use prior experience with test ranges to support troubleshooting the system and identify problems with no oversight.
* Hardware Familiarity:
* Keysight PNAs and Oscilloscopes, Anechoic chambers, near-field antenna data collection instrumentation
* Software Familiarity with one or more languages or tools: MATLAB, LabVIEW, HFSS, CST MWS, PSpice , C/C++, Assembly, and Verilog
* Familiarity with the program KNOWBELL and have RCS data acquisition understanding
* HS diploma and 2-4 years of experience in RF/Microwave/Antenna/Radars, Associates and 2 years of experience
* Bachelor's degree and coursework with Antenna design including good hands on project experience
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.