What you'll be doing...
We are constantly innovating to unleash the power of our network and technology and you can ensure we stay at the forefront, providing an unequalled customer experience. You will be interfacing with many internal and external stakeholders, you'll integrate solutions with all other areas of the organization.
This role will critically evaluate new Radio Access Network (RAN) technologies and their applicability to Verizon Wireless network and service strategy. Will be working with strategy teams in commercializing new technologies and services. Will evaluate new technologies to complement Verizon's network/services as they pertain to the RAN Interface with internal teams such as device, network planning, sourcing and IT. Maintain competitive technology information. Under the direction of management, support projects across a variety of disciplines related to accomplishment of strategic objectives of the company.
This role will research, design, plan, develop and/or evaluate new, advanced network technologies by translating customer requirements or strategic business objectives into final product design.Lead internal and external work groups with various stakeholders to achieve evolved products. Work typically includes in-depth assessment of the networked application needs, providing network modeling and simulation testing, consulting to further clarify needs, and engineering high-speed technology network transports to deliver application functionality.
This position will incorporate analytical skillsets to create multiyear network plans, including but not limited to 5G strategy planning. The use of analytics and automation on the team will enable executive requests to be satisfied at a fast pace, and scenario modeling to be made more feasible. After the analysis is completed, communication to the appropriate parties will be critical.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
* Strong technical and analytical skills with experience in engineering and design and demonstrated knowledge of wireless networks (network and/or device).
* Significant knowledge and interest in wireless, networking, and mobile technologies/markets.
* Knowledge and experience with LTE standard including EPC and RAN.
* Ability to work effectively with internal and external groups and vendors.
* Technical and analytical capability, including the ability to analyze a large amount of data between and amongst various systems.
* Ability to drive results, including data manipulation, data creation/interpretation, while working under deadlines.
* Strong strategic skills with the ability to identify and assess key points, implications and recommendations.
* Communicator in written, graphical and oral forms, with a collaborative and flexible style.
* Excellent business and technology acumen.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.