What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you're a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior level
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the provider of AESA Systems which provide the war fighter with the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. The Systems Engineering Integration and Test Center (SEIT) engineering organization is seeking engineering leaders committed and passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective solutions for the warfighter and who can act as an Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) / Control Account Manager (CAM) to oversee execution on all aspects of the design, development, integration, and test of IPT work. This is an outstanding opportunity to become involved in all aspects of a program while learning the product, technologies and capabilities, as well as program execution.
The mission of the Integrated Project Team Lead (IPTL) is to champion planning, coordination, and communication of the multidisciplinary/cross-functional team responsible for delivering a defined subsystem, product or service as directed by the Program Manager. The IPTL is responsible for ensuring the assigned team's objectives are achieved on schedule, within budget, and consistent with quality and technical standards. The IPTL will be responsible for supporting the following: New Business/Proposal, Program Execution, Productivity, and People.
This position will require the IPTL to function as a Control Account Manager (CAM). The CAM is responsible and accountable for managing the work (technical, schedule and cost objectives) as at Control Account (CA) level, including technical scope of work with the CA. The CAM will be responsible for generation of Integrated Master Schedule, Planning Packages, Program Management Reports and Performance Management Baselines. Activities will include establishing performance measurements, updating schedules, managing measures, and conducting Latest Revised Estimates. Additional responsibilities will include holding Engineering Program Reviews, performing Engineering Estimates at Completion (EEAC), performing Cost and Schedule Measurement, performing Staff Profile Measurement, and scheduling Recurring Management Activities.
* Engage with Program Managers, Chief Engineers, and Lead Systems Engineers, to ensure systems engineering discipline, and promoting successful program execution within cost, schedule and technical milestones.
* Lead requirements development efforts related to the operations concept, architecture, design, development, integration, validation, performance assessment, and flight test
* Primary technical point of contact for the engineering issues related to the cost and schedule performance on a development effort.
* Frequent collaboration with multiple functions (software, hardware, systems) and the program office
* Monitoring engineering performance and ensuring that issues are addressed immediately and corrective actions are implemented expeditiously.
* Technical presentations with internal and external customers.
This highly dynamic environment requires both speed and efficiency in addition to maintaining product quality, functionality and traceability. Applicants are expected to be self-motivated, detail oriented, have excellent organizational skills, and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team through strong written and verbal communication skills.
* 8+ years of experience in one or more areas of the system development lifecycle, from system requirements and system design through integration
* Clearance required day 1 AND role requires access to US only data
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Must have an existing DoD Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret or SSBI/Special Access Clearance
* Strong engineering analytical and technical writing skills with ability to present test data and explain results to management & customers.
* Experience with all phases of the software development life-cycle
* Working familiarity with Radar, RF and RF Environmental concepts and technology
* Prior leadership experience
* An active Top Secret clearance and/or SSBI/Special Access Clearance
* Previous experience working with budgets and schedules for subsystems.
* Training and understanding of Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) or similar program management tools.
* Experience interfacing and collaborating with finance personnel working program financial performance reports.
* Demonstrated knowledge of System Engineering capabilities with AESA Radars
* Strong communication skills for engagement with program management, technical team members and customers and/or subcontractors.
* Demonstrated strong judgment, negotiation skills and decision making abilities.
* Able to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities
* Engineering background in AESA Radar System Engineering, particularly experience in radar software development.
* Experience with physics and effects based Model Driven Design (MDD) and test principles
* Experience mentoring junior engineers and promoting two-way communication
* BS Degree in Engineering, Math, Computer Science, or Physics
* MS or PhD in Engineering, Math, Computer Science, or Physics
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.