An opportunity exists for a Radar Systems Engineer to support Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) as part of the Advanced Electrical Scanned Radar (APG-79 AESA) sensor system engineering development team for the U.S Navy's F/A-18 Aircraft. The AESA System provides the war fighter with the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. The Tactical Radar Systems Department supports the development of new capabilities for the APG-79 systems. The perfect candidate will be involved with running RF simulation testing of new and legacy modes, as well as work with a senior system engineer to create system level test procedures and scenarios for verifying new mode capabilities.
* Primary job functions will involve understanding Customer requirements: supporting the Mode Development Team to ensure design and architecture meet those requirements and performing analysis to support performance predictions. Related day-to-day duties include: participating in technical peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration and test, and flight test requirements verification. This individual will interface with their team lead, team members, and other teams (SW and HW) on a daily basis, conduct or participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress updates and work products to the team lead, in addition to Interfacing the software and verification teams to resolve technical issues during the integration and testing phases.
* Support the development of mathematical algorithms for mode/sensor implementation
* Computer modeling and simulation of sensor physics and phenomenology
* Performance predictions and analysis of data received from radars on various airborne platforms
* Support design and development of radar waveforms for imaging, target search, track and identification
* Technical presentations to both internal and external customers
* Participating in technical peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration and test, and flight test requirements verification
* Minimum 4 years US government system experience or relevant advanced education combined with experience
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Strong programming skills (i.e Matlab, C++ etc)
* Strong problem solving skills
* Strong communication skills
* Self-starter and team player
* Effective presentation skills
* Knowledge of the Systems Engineering process (requirements definition, system design, integration and verification)
* Strong mathematical skills, including linear algebra and probability theory
* Working knowledge of radars
* Digital signal processing (DSP) knowledge
* Track and/or Resource Management Experience
* Experience performing system level troubleshooting
* Six Sigma practical knowledge and / or project experience desired (formal Six Sigma training or certification preferred).
Required Education (Including Major): Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) or equivalent in engineering, math, or science. A Masters degree is preferred and a PhD is highly desired. 130555BR 130555 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.