Radar Software Engineer
Parsons Corporation is seeking a Radar Software Engineer to coordinate the development, sustainment, and integration of software for the PATRIOT weapon system, with particular emphasis on the PATRIOT radar software, and associated integration within the PATRIOT Weapon System.
* Perform technical oversight of Fire Control, Missile, Launcher, Radar, Trainer, and support software efforts for US and foreign military sales efforts.
* Prepare software specifications, estimates, and statements of work to implement PATRIOT weapon system software. Identify, address, and status software risks.
* Establish test requirements and validation procedures to measure software performance, security, safety, quality, and reliability.
* Plan, define, evaluate, and monitor software contract execution.
* Perform analysis of system requirements to establish computer/software requirements and identify and perform hardware/software trade-offs.
* Prepare conceptual design of computer systems through analysis of computer hardware, interface hardware, software requirements, and network architectures as elements of total system design.
* Apply state-of-the-art software engineering methodologies to the implementation of PATRIOT weapon system designs.
* Provide software expertise to PATRIOT Materiel Release, training, and sustaining activities.
* Prepare and coordinate status briefings to Titan Corporation and International Client leadership and program leadership.
* Participate and support systems and software technical reviews.
* Must be available to travel up to 20% of the time.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Engineer must possess strong interpersonal skills to coordinate with the Titan Corporation Prime contractor, PATRIOT Project Office and the prime contractor.
* Individual must coordinate a variety of software related actions both within and outside of the PATRIOT Project Office.
* Capability to use the Microsoft Office package to include Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project.
* Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
* Familiarity with MDA Software processes and Acquisition Management procedures.
* Familiarity and/or experience within MDA/SN or US Army Space and Missile Command Program Office for PATRIOT weapon system or PATRIOT radar technical requirements and processes.
* Requires past experience with data entry, data manipulation, and reports development with databases.
* Willingness to learn new processes and procedures and discipline to follow established procedures.
Familiarity and past experience with PATRIOT Weapon System, US Army Space and Missile Command and Missile Defense Agency
Familiarity with current simulation software for radar and interceptor systems.
* US Citizenship is required.
* Applicants will be subject to a federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
Parsons is a company providing software and hardware products, technical services, and integrated solutions in the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure markets.