We're looking for a Database Admin (Tier 2) who will be responsible for operational efficiency within our customers Database platforms, from IAAS based server reliability, to operational administration, to data structure support, reporting, script management, and more.
The environment at Attunix and its parent company Redapt is collaborative and respectful. We definitely don't shy away from hard work, as our clients continually trust us with some of their most complex and challenging problems. We also like to have a little fun along the way.
* Assist in the creation of a cloud based data storage model as well migration of any existing SQL Server based data stores to a Cloud environment. This may also include other database types, including but not limited too PostGres, NoSQL, MySQL, Hadoop, ElasticDB, BigQuery and other Cloud based database services.
* Work closely with the data analytics team to build and promote data sets utilized by PowerBI dashboards.
* Be instrumental in defining data warehousing and archiving best practices and documenting and publicizing algorithms and calculations utilized when building data sets and data models.
* Support and optimize customer OLTP and DW exiting solution's. Adapt best practices and industry standards as they evolved and grow to increase operational effectiveness, reliability, performance, and lifespan of data
* Provide normal hours of operation support and be available for on call support
* Participate in requirements gathering and illustration of designs using wireframes.
* Create, review and analyze complex, integrated data models and information from various sources (ERP, CRM, EDW, and Power BI Service, etc.).
* Documentation of business and IT solutions, business process functional and nonfunctional requirements and problems.
* Manages the Cloud DB environment.
* Create basic and advanced reports, dashboards, and KPI scorecards using the Microsoft BI Stack: SQL Server, SQL Server Data Tools, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, and Power BI.
* Understand and query disparate database sources, including relational structures, dimensional data marts/models and cubes.
* Help define and implement relational structures, dimensional data marts/models for the needs of analytics and reporting.
* Design and architect schema layer objects for report development.
* Create recurring integrations into data marts from various sources.
* Ability to translate business-reporting requirements into a production report.
* Assist in creating report mockups and templates from business requirements when necessary.
* Work collaboratively in a managed services team
* SQL Server Installation, migration to Cloud SQL (Azure, AWS, GCP)
* Install and configure new database IAAS Servers using Best Practices
* Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business's Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
* Test backups to ensure we can meet the business' Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) Database structure optimization * SQL Maintenance Plans
* Standardization and scheduling of DB maintenance plans and jobs
* Index and statistics maintenance
* Troubleshoot SQL Server issues or outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
* Temp database issues
* Space requirements and forecasting
* Creating and reviewing SQL Audits * Performance and Tuning
* Identification of queries having the largest performance impact
* Query execution improvement
* Identifying index and execution plan improvements
* Cached procedure plans
* Transaction and concurrency issues
The qualifications you will need:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Analytics, or related technical discipline preferred; equivalent experience is acceptable.
* Excellent T-SQL skills, write complex queries, create views and stored procedures.
* Familiarity with multiple cloud based data platforms, from SQL to Hadoop and beyond
* Ability to create appealing visualization for derived datasets.
* Experience with BI technologies a plus (e.g. Microsoft Power BI Premium, Power View, Power Query).
* T-SQL: 1 year (Required)
* Azure: 1 year (Required)
* Microsoft SQL Server: 5 years (Required)
* Other Cloud DB's: 1 year or more (Preferred)
* Power BI: 1 year (Preferred)
We just really love IT! Data Center Infrastructure & Cloud Engineering Services.