R&D Technical Manager, Sr. Level, Advanced Cyber Science
Req #: 222998
Location: Herndon, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: Top Secret
What You'll Get to Do:
So do we! At CACI/LGS Innovations (former Bell Labs) our people are our greatest asset - we make sure your voice is heard and give you the resources to invent solutions to some of the most difficult challenges facing our customers. Our entrepreneurial environment fosters your best ideas and allows you to build your career to fit your creativity. Sound interesting? We're always looking for the best and brightest to join our ranks and share the fun.
More About the Role:
* Collaborate with customers to determine their most difficult cyber, analytics, machine learning, optimization and computer networking problems
* Contribute to and lead high performance technical teams to innovate and execute both short-term and long-term project goals
* Research solutions to challenging cyber, analytics, machine learning, optimization and computer networking problems
* Manage and technically lead government contracts to include employee staffing, oversight of technical, contractual, and programmatic functions of the contract, and software development/production
* Coordinate project requirements definitions according to the customer needs, plan and schedule project commitments, coordinate staff member assignments, and develop and manage to program budgets and timelines
* Lead project team meetings and facilitate tracking/completion of action items
* Lead Bids & Proposals and New Business Development efforts
* Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports on all projects of responsibility as requested
* Manage technical issues identified by team members and customers, define resolution plan and manage team to provide solutions in a timely manner
* Conceptualize and guide new internal R&D programs to leverage the team's skills and support the department's strategy
* Partner with Pan-CACI to create additional multi-disciplinary solutions
* Brief project results and demo software and/or hardware to technical and non-technical audiences
* Participate in strategic planning sessions and assist in executing the implementation of strategic plan by collaborating with managers and engineers
* Provide leadership in hiring and collaborate with Recruiting Manager to seek out new avenues for recruiting technical staff
* Develop and establish relationships with universities, external laboratories, and other potential collaboration partners
* Drive towards successful fulfillment, and extension, of the department strategic initiatives
* Recommend and initiate process improvements and overall development practices
* Lead by example with respect to all matters related to compliance and security
* Ensure team training and career growth by providing training plans and mentoring.
* Ensure 100% participation in all required training and adherence to LGS Policy and other Customer regulations and requirements
* Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
* Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
* Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S policies and procedures
* Perform other duties as required If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level to perform the job
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Cyber, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other engineering discipline in addition to 8-10 years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, skills and experience
* Experience leading or making strong technical contributions to highly multidisciplinary projects
* Broad computer science, analytics, machine learning, optimization, IP networking, and/or cybersecurity background
* Willingness to learn new skills and eagerness to investigate new problems both independently and as part of a team
* Ability to communicate technical ideas in oral and written communications
* Demonstrated ability to lead a team of multidisciplinary engineers
* Demonstrated success with internal and external customer oral and written communications
* Demonstrated commitment to customer mission and program success
* Experience mentoring interns, new hires, and other staff members
* Contributed to department organizational initiatives through new business development, technical advancements or team/culture building
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Master's or PhD Degree preferred
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.