OverviewAre you passionate about making good software? Are you eager to use your problem-solving abilities and passion for advancing software quality through integration testing and automation to fulfill the requirements of the Esri user community? This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to designing and building the next generation of ArcGIS. We treat continuous integration as a first-class citizen that is crucial for our development and release process. To ensure that our test automation can keep up with a growing team of developers, we are seeking a skilled software engineer to evolve and maintain our automated test and continuous integration systems. Responsibilities:
* Maintain and improve our continuous integration and test automation system based on Jenkins, Intern, Selenium, and custom tooling
* Conceptualize and implement new features for the test automation system; analyze and manage requirements based on developer needs, stability, and performance
* Monitor test results, identify issues, and work with the team to resolve them
* Work with our QA experts to find and implement solutions for automating complex test cases
* Work closely with our system administrators to ensure the reliable operation of our development infrastructure
* 2+ years of software industry background with focus on test automation and DevOps
* Experience with:
* Web development technologies (HTML, CSS, Angular, React, WebGL)
* Test automation using Selenium WebDriver
* Jenkins administration
* Virtualization and host management tools (especially Docker and Chef)
* UNIX and Windows system administration
* A passion for DevOps tools and culture
* US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
* Bachelor's in computer science or a related field
* Familiarity with agile software development methods (Scrum, etc.)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri (Environmental Systems Research Institute) develops GIS and mapping software for organizations in commercial, government, natural resources, and utilities industries.