Auto req ID: 186038BR
This fast paced Digitization and Data Engineering team focuses on the development of PepsiCo's diverse IT Data infrastructure by bringing innovative ideas and making a direct impact on our ability to drive business action through the provision of connected data insights. This team leads the data architecture, digitization, engineering and visualization function for our Research and Development (R&D) Global Functions, Governance and Compliance teams.
The responsibilities of the R&D Senior Analyst, Data Systems:
* Design, construct, install, test and maintain data digitization systems
* Liaise with other departments to ensure adherence to best practices and standards in the development and deployment of new and/or improved data digitization solutions
* Maintain and develop the Web Visualization platform (Lighthouse) including report contents of various formats
* Ensure that all systems meet the business/company requirements as well as industry practices and are aligned with the E2E Architecture requirements as defined by the Systems Architect
* Integrate up-and-coming data management and software engineering technologies into existing data structures.
* Develop set processes for data mining, data modelling, and data production
* Research new uses for existing data
* Employ an array of technological languages and tools to connect systems together
* Collaborate with members of your team (eg, data architects, the IT team, data scientists) on the project's goals.
* Work closely with IT to ensure systems service basics are in place - system security and data integrity, disaster recovery procedures, aligned system upgrade processes.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
* At least 4 years of working experience as a database engineering support personnel or a database engineering administrator within a fast-paced a complex business setting. The candidate will also have had experience working with MySQL databases and Microsoft SQL
* Demonstrate proficiency in the use of software and tools for the creation of both visually and verbally engaging reports and presentations for senior management and senior data science leadership (e.g. Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Microsoft Office, Tableau, Power BI)
* Experience in working as part of a global team in a subject matter expertise role
* Can communicate effectively to convey technical messages to collaborative non-technical departments and personnel and follows detailed written and verbal instruction
* Ability to translate and tailor technical content into business applicable material with clear recommendations and insights relevant to the audience at hand
* Good organizational, time-management and teamwork skills
* Be result-driven, be an analytical and creative thinker, be an innovative problem solver, be self-motivated and proactive, be highly organized, have ability to handle-multiple and simultaneous tasks meeting aggressive deadlines
* Positive attitude and ability to work in a cross functional and global environment (cultural awareness).
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Willingness and ability to travel globally to build essential connections and cross function relationships to enable the realization of the groups vision and strategy
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
* Ability to build extensive network of critical capabilities across data analytics, data engineering and data visualization tools and ecosystems
* Collaborates beyond boundaries: Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
* Demonstrates Global acumen: Excellent collaboration within and across teams both locally and globally.
* Independently analyzes and solves complex problems
* Knowledge of data management and visualization techniques
* Desire to grow professionally and beyond current capabilities
* Demonstrate a passion for research, statistics and data analysis as well as ability and passion for designing and implementing successful data analysis solutions within a business
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
PepsiCo operates as a food and beverage company worldwide.