1. If you are a first time user, please create your candidate login account before you apply for a job. (Click Sign In > Create Account)
2. If you already have a Candidate Account, please Sign-In before you apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Here at Broadcom, you will be working in the Mainframe division. Our teams are focused on developing software solutions to meet today's challenging needs for largest corporations in the world. Bringing these solutions to the market involves working closely with product management and architects to create highly complex, sophisticated and quality software that span several teams. We believe radically transforming the way software is built and delivered, and we're looking for a UI Engineering Lead and Architect who want to join the fun.
UI Engineering Lead and Architect collaborates across Mainframe Division to help define and ensure consistent implementation of common UI components, technology and best practices. This role is a fully qualified senior UI Architect and an engineering leader who can work independently interfacing with cross-functional team members, engineering, UX, product management, and internal and external customers at every level.
* Leader for front end development in Broadcom Mainframe Division
* Close partnership with the UX team to develop and maintain the common UI component library for the Mainframe Division
* Responsible for evaluating and managing front end component library choices in Mainframe Division
* Collaborate with product and UX teams to prioritize and build new UI components for the common component library
* Assist engineering teams in adoption planning and adoption of the common component library
* Responsible for reviewing front end implementations on our teams to ensure that they meet engineering guidelines
* Collaborate with the UX team on a regular basis in the development of the Mainframe Division Design System
* Manage full life cycle of the common UI component library, including versioning, maintenance, documentation, development, adoption
* Develop best practices for UI development and evangelize with product teams
* Serve as the primary interface with third party support for UI technologies used (Prime)
Qualifications and Expertise
At the end of the day, the main things we're searching for are talent and passion. However, experience in one or more of these areas could make you a great addition to our team:
* At least 12+ years of experience designing and developing modern large-scale UI software
* Strong, hands on expertise with Angular and React; Familiarity with Prime component library is a plus.
* Experience mentoring, teaching, and developing less experienced team members
* Experience in Agile Software Development; Experience in SAFe is a plus
* Industry experience in Enterprise Software is a plus
* Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
Skills & Competencies
* Leading Yourself
* Demonstrates high personal integrity and ability to earn trust from others.
* Demonstrates a strong growth mind-set, seeks feedback often, and is effective in continuous personal and professional development.
* Domain Expertise
* Has a deep understanding of the context within which our products are being developed, deployed and used.
* Has a solid understanding of the user personas Broadcom Mainframe products and solutions are targeting within the technical domain, and a deep empathy for the needs of those users.
* Agile Architectural Excellence
* Has a solid understanding of Agile methods, paradigms and tools to support the development, implementation and adoption of UI Development best practices and continuous improvement for the organization.
* Strong ability to act as a coach or mentor to team members to help increase team effectiveness.
* Solid understanding of modern engineering practices such as DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Delivery.
* Expert with design and architecture patterns, architecture modeling and design methodologies.
* Strong ability in high level technical expertise in the diagnosis and resolution of issues, including the determination and provision of workaround solutions.
* Innovation Excellence
* Regularly ask 'What if...' questions during 1:1 and group discussions that challenge the status quo.
* Continually evaluating technologies from external sources and proposing their introduction when building new systems or updating old systems.
* Take intelligent risks and is resilient to failure.
If you are located outside USA, please be sure to fill out a home address as this will be used for future correspondence.