Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Part of the Agilent CrossLab Group's (ACG) portfolio, Agilent's services & consumables business is a dynamic and continually growing area of opportunity and a substantial part of Agilent's business. We are making significant organizational & technological investments to differentiate ourselves from our competition. ACG's Research & Development Team is continuing to design new and exciting features to support Agilent's product portfolio and deliver a premier experience for our customers. These efforts differentiate Agilent from our competitors, and effectively position ACG as the laboratory solutions partner for customers thereby creating a strong preference for Agilent's instruments, systems, chemistries, supplies & services.
The successful candidate will join an R&D team responsible for the success of ACG's 'Laboratory of the Future' initiative allowing Agilent to partner with & support customers in our target markets to increase operational efficiency, allow for well-informed economic decisions, and ensure ease of use & maintenance across the entire Agilent product portfolio.
This position will require a strong knowledge of human interfacing technologies including, but not limited to: Augmented & Virtual Reality, Gesture Control, Face & Voice Recognition, Natural Language Processing, Image Recognition, etc... Some knowledge of connectivity technologies & 'big data' systems, Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning technologies would also be of benefit.
* Apply expert understanding of human interfacing technologies to develop & enhance systems performance & applications workflows and the subsequent user experience.
* Investigate & implement asset utilization technologies such as power loading measurements.
* Assist in the prototyping process and testing of instrument add-ons/modifications to enhance the user experience.
* Facilitate data extraction and analysis of, for example, instrument usage, consumables usage, operating & maintenance history, operating conditions, performance data, etc., from multiple data sources.
* Provide technical leadership around human interfacing and system connectivity requirements to the broader ACG functions.
* Communicate across Agilent Divisions to ensure customer & field service needs are considered when developing, investigating and integrating human interfacing and connectivity solutions.
* Work cross-functionally with ACG Quality Team and broader ACG functions to ensure appropriate life-cycle processes & workflows are adhered to when implementing agreed to human interfacing and connectivity technologies.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education & experience in an scientific discipline.
* 5+ years of relevant experience in the analytical instrument industry or equivalent particularly laboratory equipment use & maintenance strongly preferred
* In-depth knowledge of human interfacing technologies.
* Understanding of data analytics/AI concepts and theories.
* High degree of creative ability & initiative as well as the ability to exercise independent judgment.
* The ability to work constructively in a team environment.
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Strong computer skills covering the use of the MS-Office Professional suite.
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work in an interrupt driven environment with an understanding of project management processes & workflows
* Experience with electrical engineering and/or computing or instrument science
* Experience with API level programming & query languages
* Some chemistry experience and/or an understanding of chemical analysis systems and application workflows
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies provides application-focused solutions to the life sciences, diagnostics, and applied chemical markets.