Come work for the leading test company in the world, to develop C++ SW for the new 5G wireless communication standards!
The R&D Physical Layer C++ SW Engineer will be responsible for the design and implementation of C++ based physical layer modems for 5G wireless communications standards.
More specifically, the applicant will be responsible for:
* Developing reference models for 5G wireless communications physical layer standards.
* Implementing and verifying physical layer SW running on a multi-core embedded processor using C++.
* Collaborate in the architecture and requirements definition of physical layer designs for wireless communication standards.
* Drive resolution of technical issues with cross-functional teams. Escalate issues in an appropriate and timely manner. Apply advanced problem solving to complex modem/protocol subsystem problems.
The desired candidate should:
* Have C/C++ programming experience (ideally in real time systems).
* Have knowledge of the 3GPP LTE-Advanced or the 5G physical layer standards.
* Be familiar with Layer 1 and/or Layer 2 protocols for digital communication standards.
* Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
* Experience with revision control systems such as mercurial or git.
* 8 years minimum of relevant experience with typically 10-12 years.
* Experience developing in C/C++ for a real-time OS (e.g. VxWorks, RTLinux), for embedded SW and for multi-core processors (experience programming for PowerPC will be valued in particular).
* Experience with architecture, design and implementation of the physical layer or the MAC/RLC/PDCP layer of one or more of the following wireless communication standards: 5GNR, 5GTF, LTE, UMTS, GSM, TD-SCDMA, Bluetooth, WiFi, WiMAX, NFC.
* Bachelors, Master University Degree or equivalent in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
* Great communication and team work skills.
* Business-level English, written and spoken.
Additionally, the following qualifications will be valued but are not a must:
* Other C/C++ programming experience requiring high performance and/or low level hardware control (e.g. games, drivers).
* Experience with simulation and modeling of digital communications systems, using Matlab, Simulink, Python, C/C++ or other simulation and modeling languages and tools.
* Experience writing tools (in a scripting language, C# or C/C++) and performing test automation, particularly controlling instruments through a SCPI interface.
* Experience with architecture, design, verification and debug of RTL (VHDL/Verilog) targeted for FPGA and/or ASIC, including debug in RTL simulation or lab environment.
* Basic understanding of signal processing and RF concepts
* Experience using test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, signal generators, etc.
* Keysight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.*
Keysight Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
Candidates can be considered to work from the following locations:
Americas : United States : California : San Diego || Americas : United States : California : Santa Clara
Job ID : 34204
About Keysight Technologies
Keysight Technologies is a company that manufactures electronics test and measurement equipment and software.