At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Community Operations (CommOps), the support organization at Uber, is a global network of Centers of Excellence (COEs, call centers) and Greenlight Hubs (in-person driver centers) dedicated to onboarding and troubleshooting drivers, riders, restaurants, deliverers, shippers and freighters and their accounts. The customer service representatives (CSRs) and Experts and their people managers that work in these centers and hubs make up the Community Specialists Team. Given the unique nature of support work in these centers, CommOps created a unique set of job families and a career progression ladder, called the S Ladder expressly for the Community Specialists Team. The unique nature of the Community Specialists Team also calls for the design and management of a unique incentive compensation program.
First rolled out in mid 2018, the quarterly incentive compensation and performance management program for the S Ladder was built on the back of Google Sheets scripts, Google Forms intake processes and sql queries run by the Global A&I team. It is time to bring this quarterly incentive program to the next level!
The Quarterly Bonus Program Platform Project Manager will own the design, "build or buy" decision making process, business requirements documentation process, implementation, rollout, communications plan and training plan for a new automation platform/software solution for the S Ladder incentive compensation program.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team What You'll Do
* Project-manage the process mapping, gathering of requirements, identifying of current pain points and design of strategic enhancements required to transition the current incentive program from a time-consuming, manual effort to an automated, platform solution on time and under budget
* Partner with IT to scope out a BRD, identify the variables driving a build-or-buy decision and shepherd the project working team through that build-or-buy decision making process
* Own the stakeholder review and feedback gathering process at each milestone of the design and build phases
* Work closely with Incentive Compensation program manager and Data Analysts to understand current processes and requirements and propose program enhancements:
* Partner with regional points of contact (POCs) to align on current pain points in program administration
* Own and live the implementation and rollout plan for the new solution
* Create and manage a communications plan for each phase of the project
* Partner with the learning & development team to design a training program for the new platform
What You'll Need
* 3-5 minimum years of experience with IT project management, incentive compensation and performance management systems
About the Team
This role is part of the greater S Ladder Performance Management Team which is dedicated to the design, maintenance and success of the Community Specialists Team within Community Operations. This means designing policy, roles and responsibilities, career trajectory, a quarterly incentive compensation construct and a performance management system all at a global scale while minding regional nuances.
Uber provides a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.