For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what's possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people - they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
Role and Responsibilities
We're looking to hire a dynamic Quality Assurance Specialist to become a key contributor in charge of Quality Tests on Samsung mobile devices for all major US carriers. You will partner with Developers and Project Managers creating performance test tools, and test infrastructures. You will create, implement, maintain and recommend test cases, test procedures and instruction. And, you will train and provide daily guidance to 3PLs, and QA technicians in the performance of daily activities.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Develop an understanding of mobile handset products from customer operational perspective
* Analyze and understand product specifications requirements; and translate them to set up inspection criteria / procedures to meet customer requirements
* Ensure that the organizations Quality Management system conform to customer requirements. (I.E., Routing Guidelines, product acceptability guidelines, Label Requirements, etc.)
* Perform test cases and test procedures for product quality verification
* Close communication with US Project managers and HQ S/W Engineering / Development Group to implement Local standards and specification
* Analyze and manage issues detected by QA Inspectors to ensure all issues are resolved and communicated to upper management
* Detect critical issues in a timely manner to improve Samsung quality and stability in a rapidly progressing mobile industry.
* Responsible for planning, processing and performing all given tasks in an efficient manner
* Gather specifications of products and understand the test scope, schedule, effort, resources, and execution plan
* Ability to write professional reports on detected issues to present to upper management and other departments
* Strong and effective interpersonal communication skills and the ability to interact professionally and positively with a diverse group of clients and staff
* Train Quality Inspectors to ensure thorough test understanding and test applications
* Proficiency in Korean language is needed for communication with Korean headquarters.
* Occasional after hours and holiday/weekend work is required
Skills and Qualifications
Background & Competencies Required Skills:
* Minimum of 2-5 years of experience
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal [Korean/English]
* Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple activities of own initiative and as directed
* Ability to read, writes, provide critical technical review and prepare reports, technical manuals, test procedures and technical product information
* Team oriented, but able to work independently and manage multiple tasks
* Experience in CDMA/GSM or similar handsets
* Understanding and experience with ISO requirements
* Analytical thinking skills
* Bachelor's degree is preferred
* Problem-solving skills
* Collaborative skills
* Coding experience in one or more Object Oriented programming languages (EX: C#, Java, etc.)
* Familiar with SAP or similar business enterprise management system.
* Microsoft Office Suite of PC software applications, advanced in Excel spreadsheet and PowerPoint preparation skills
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.