About Foundation Medicine:
Foundation Medicine began with an ideato simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
You will be joining a team of functional and automated testers and support staff to help improve the quality of software deliverables for one of Foundation Medicine's highly customized flagship enterprise systems.
You will be working with the testing leads and development teams across multiple scrum teams, business units and stakeholder groups to create test plans, test cases and execute test cases. In addition, you will be contributing to an evolving list of FMI testing best practices and processes in order to enable the continual improvement and execution of core software testing principles. You will play a critical role in verifying and validating the integrity of highly integrated, distributed systems in a fast- paced Agile environment. You will be able to effectively manage your own project‐based workload with your scrum team, while simultaneously allocating capacity for support related activities (e.g. bug fix testing, test data preparation). We are looking for a self‐motivated individual who will thrive working within a fastpaced, team‐oriented atmosphere.
* Create end‐to‐end test plans; executing and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected.
* Ensuring solutions are tested in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other legacy and/or external, integrated systems.
* Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
* Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
* Experience executing regression, unit and integration tests, as well as using version control and defect tracking software to perform robust analysis.
* Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like test data, data validation, test harness scripts and some experience writing automated scripts •Operate within a Scrum/Agile framework to identify/resolve potential quality issues per SDLC guidelines.
* Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements
* Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
* Ability to think abstract; ability to think outside the box (to find bugs quickly).
* Ability to quickly adapt to support new initiatives when business and development priorities shift.
* Willingness to learn and expand skills and repertoire.
* Minimum 3+ years of experience in testing, automation, and QA best practices.
* Minimum 1+ years of experience with using test case management and project management tools such qTest and Jira.
* Minimum 1+ years of experience in testing REST‐based web services.
* Experience testing COTS applications such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
* Experience with Scrum or other Agile methodologies.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI's EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.