Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
As QA Lead at Spin, you'll be collaborating across our Product Engineering teams and interfacing with Product and Engineering Managers alike to ensure the quality of our mobile and web release cycles.
* Perform hands on testing of Spin Scooters, which includes fully-operating and/or driving Spin Scooters, for new features and regression testing.
* Work with our automation tests to cover regression testing. You will not be required to create automation tests but work with our engineers to run automation tests and define additional automation tests that will need to be created.
* Maintain QA coverage of our mobile apps (iOS, Android, and React Native) and Web apps.
* Plan and organize necessary test cycles, designing ways to track top issues and efficient ways to triage and resolve bugs.
* Prioritize QA test coverage across all teams and keep teams updated on status.
* Track and ensure a smooth release process while maintaining high app quality.
* Work with a variety of teams both local and remote (engineering, design, product management, project management, and customer experience) to design, own, and deliver on test plans for new features and functionality.
* Develop and maintain test cases for both new and existing features.
* Willing and able to test drive the Spin Scooters.
* Design and execute regression test plans on an ongoing basis.
* Be a reliable, friendly, and non-judgmental source of early feedback on new functionality and feature changes.
* Provide immediate feedback to software developers and product managers and work with them to improve the product. Become the voice of Quality for the product you work on.
* 5+ years experience in Quality Assurance experience in testing mobile applications.
* Familiarity with Automation Testing, Virtual Devices.
* Experience with Agile/Sprint process.
* Knowledge of current testing methodologies, from unit and UI testing to external organizational testing.
* Ability to communicate across departments and leadership skills.
Benefits & Perks
* Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company's industry leadership
* Competitive health benefits
* Daily catered lunch
* Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
* Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
* Monthly cell phone bill stipend
Spin is a stationless bike and electric scooter sharing service.