The QA Analyst II is responsible for analyzing and testing quality across many different deliverables from the Information Technology team. This position is responsible for planning and working together with clients, project managers, and developers to guarantee valid test planning and execution. The QA Analyst will also have the following responsibilities, including but not limited to:
* Develops requirements for test environment.
* Creates and maintains QA artifacts, follows QA processes and documents data anomalies
* Analyzes and performs root cause analysis on the identified error trends.
* Performs analysis necessary to document system problems and recommends viable solutions, including intermediate workarounds.
* Coordinates development and testing of system specifications.
* Assist with implementation of new business, products or contracts on the system through review of system files and testing of business requirements
* Researches, develops and manages the accurate and timely validation of the system work flows and procedures to ensure their adaptability to operational activities.
* Provides production support as needed.
* Represents the QA team at status and technical meetings, for all applicable projects
The ideal QA Analyst will have a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 4 years of applicable QA experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The ideal QA Analyst will possess thorough knowledge of testing and QA in Windows environments and relational database design & use, including SQL. The ideal QA Analyst will also have the following skills, knowledge, and abilities, including but not limited to:
* Experience using formal QA / Testing methodology and processes
* Experience in testing n-tier architecture is desirable
* Testing in .NET application and web technologies is preferred
* Experience with Team foundation server (TFS) and Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) or other equivalent tool is desirable.
* Experience with defect tracking tools
* High level of competency in data manipulation and analysis with the ability to access raw data in varied formats with different methods to analyze and process data
* Thorough understanding of manipulating XML and Flat files
* Exceptional communication skills, ability to effectively and concisely communicate information to diverse audience
* Strong analytical skills combined with root cause analysis experience
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
Location/Facility - Scott & White Health Plan, Austin
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
Specialty/Department/Practice - Information Technology/Quality Assurance
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits * 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% * Tuition Reimbursement * PTO accrual beginning Day 1 * Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
* Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience required * Minimum of 4 years of experience testing through SDLC required * 3 years of Health Insurance experience preferred
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.