What you'll be doing...
The person in this position will be responsible for performing quality assurance testing on custom information technology software system products and services. The successful candidate will apply their experience and knowledge in identifying, resolving and preventing defects in these products and services and working with software engineers and systems engineers in the correction of any defects found. They will apply their experience and knowledge in contributing to the definition of quality assurance standard practices and metrics. They will perform hands-on testing and measurements.
Major responsibilities include:
* Support the scoping and implementation of technical solutions.
* Developing and documenting test plans, test cases, scripts for custom information technology software products involving both back-end processing systems and front-end Web-based GUIs for telecommunications and data communications applications.
* Preparing data as required for large volume data validation.
* Executing functional, integration, regression, performance, and resiliency tests for multiple applications/subsystems.
* Establish and track quality assurance metrics.
* Utilize open source or commercial test tools.
* Perform the automation of regression test cases.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Software Quality Assurance (QA) experience.
* Linux system test experience.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related discipline.
* Five or more years of experience in software quality assurance.
* Knowledge of the software development lifecycle phases.
* Testing experience on back-end data processing applications.
* Scripting experience with programming languages such as Python or Perl.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong ability in understanding business requirements and translating them to test plans and test cases.
* Soft skills in working with other engineering and analytical teams to arrive at optimal solutions to technical challenges.
* High degree of initiative with a passion for learning technology.
* Experience with any combination of:
* IP protocols such as SMTP and DNS
* Networking technologies
* Test automation tools
* Agile methodologies
* Big Data
* Data analysis
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.