For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what's possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people - they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
* Develop deep understanding of mobile handset products from customer operational perspective
* Stay informed on the latest test tools, techniques, trends and methodologies and critically adopt them, when appropriate or necessary
* Responsible for planning, processing and performing all given tasks in an efficient manner.
* Gather specifications of products and understand the test scope, schedule, effort, resources, and execution plan.
* Works closely with MQL (Mobile Quality Lab) testing teams in the US and S/W Engineering and Development Group in HQ.
* Perform test cases and test procedures for product quality verification. Also, promptly write professional reports on detected issues to present to Development Group.
* Manage issues and follow up with issue status to ensure all issues are fixed.
* Detect critical issues in a timely manner to increase Samsung mobile device's quality and stability in a rapidly progressing mobile industry.
* Strong and effective interdepartmental communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of client and staff.
* Provide general administrative support to the organization
* Provide recommendations to management concerning issues detected.
Role and Responsibilities
(Minimum qualifications required to perform this job)
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Electrical Engineering. Also, any relevant engineering experience of at least 1 year in wireless telecommunication industry may apply.
* 3-4 years of system or software Quality Assurance/Development experience preferably in telecommunication industry.
Skills and Qualifications
* Necessary Skills/Attributes
* Effective working knowledge of smartphone, operating systems (OS), and mobile wireless telecommunications technology - GSM/WCDMA/LTE.
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills, communication(verbal and written) skills, and organizational and documentation skills
* Excellent leadership skills to widely gain respect and influence.
* Develops and maintains excellent proactive, working relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside the company.
* Works independently and in a team environment, in order to achieve personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames. Perform to complete tasks and objectives that are clearly defined and guided by upper management.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions: The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
* Work is generally performed in an office desk or lab environment.
* Requires considerable movement and transportation of equipment or samples with a high security mentality
* Highly ethical personality preferred to handle unpublished samples and equipment. (Requires not to disclose all information and knowledge to public)
* Require business trips for short terms and long terms
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LI-AJ1