An individual with a passion for software, hardware, and performance tests to ensure high quality mobile products is most preferable. The QA engineer will make and coordinate the each project's schedule (entry & approval) and test plan. He or She will report HQ and internal group the risk points such as blocking issues before launch or carrier entry date, as well as follow up all of these issues. He or she will assist in the testing and evaluation of mobile features to ensure that said products contain no unidentifiable problems. He or she will work with Developers and Project Managers in testing functional and performance tests in various networks against various network vendors in the US.
* Create, implement, maintain and recommend changes to test cases, test procedures and instructions, and product evaluation processes. Promote standard test methodologies for use throughout the company.
* Develop deep understanding of mobile handset products from customer operational perspective
* Stay informed on the latest test tools, techniques, trends and methodologies and critically adopt them, when appropriate or necessary
* Responsible for planning, processing and performing all given tasks in an efficient manner.
* Gather specifications of products and understand the test scope, schedule, effort, resources, and execution plan.
* Understand requirements and correctly translate them to set up test designs/cases. Will continue to improve test cases and procedures.
* Perform test cases and test procedures for product quality verification. Also, promptly write professional reports on detected issues to present to Development Group.
* Manage issues and follow up with issue status to ensure all issues are fixed.
* Detect critical issues in a timely manner to increase Samsung mobile device's quality and stability in a rapidly progressing mobile industry.
* Strong and effective interdepartmental communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of client and staff.
* Provide general administrative support to the organization
* Provide recommendations to management concerning issues detected.
Role and Responsibilities
* Typically requires a minimum 5 years of experience
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Electrical Engineering. Also, any relevant engineering experience of at least 2 years in wireless telecommunication industry may apply.
* Prefer to GSM, CDMA, WCDMA, LTE experience
* Prefer to proven experience in QA life cycle, from test plan, test execution, reporting bugs to closing defects.
* Experience working with multiple agile/scrum teams both onsite and offsite simultaneously
* Understand the basic architecture of artificial intelligence and the technology behind each server modules, such as ASR, NLU, and NLG (TTS).
* Exposure to an ecosystem constructed with multiple IOT (Internet-of-Things) devices and understand the core values associated in the MDE (Multi-Device-Environment).
* Work is generally performed in an office desk or lab environment.
* Requires considerable movement and transportation of equipment or samples with a high security mentality
* Performs work under time schedules which are normally periodic or cyclical and include: time sensitive job stress, fatigue, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and product management stress.
* Highly ethical personality preferred to handle unpublished samples and equipment. (Requires not to disclose all information and knowledge to public)
* Operate a computer keyboard and view a display terminal for more than 40% of work time, including prolonged periods of time.
* Perform reliability tests by operating small model devices for more than 50% of work time.
* Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule.
* Require business trips for short terms and long terms; short terms from 1 day to 1 week.
* Familiarized with AI service products in the market, such as Bixby, Amazon Alexa, or Google Home
Samsung Electronics America provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Skills and Qualifications