Quality Assurance Engineer
OutboundEngine - Austin, TX
OutboundEngine is one of the fastest growing tech startup companies in the nation, ranked number 95 on 2016 Inc. 5000, and voted “Top Ten Places to Work” for the last four years in a row by the Austin Business Journal. We are based out of beautiful downtown Austin, TX. Since 2012, OutboundEngine has helped over 10,000 small business owners market themselves by doing it for them. We create original content for our clients, automate their email campaigns, update their social media profiles, and ultimately help them drive repeat and referral business as well as new business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build & execute tests.
- Perform daily manual testing, including weekly manual regression testing.
- Report issues from testing.
- Document test plans and scenarios and keep them updated.
- Train engineering new hires on the product and procedure..
- Demo new features internally and to other departments.
- Assist with general daily tasks around QA and project management.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years experience in a Quality Assurance role, specifically prior manual testing experience.
- Knowledge of Java or Python programming language.
- Knowledge of SQL & HTML.
- Knowledge of Selenium & JUnit
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and a strength in addressing a variety of audiences.
- Proven ability to influence and achieve results through others.
- A killer work ethic and a true ability to self-motivate – autonomy is an important part of this role.
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to think outside the box.
- The ability to learn new systems and technologies quickly and thoroughly.
- A results focused outlook on performance, time management skills, and respect for deadlines.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive base salary.
- Leadership / Career Development Programs.
- 100% Paid Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability).
- Generous PTO - 3 weeks accrued annually and a paid two week holiday break at the end of the year.
- Company-paid downtown parking, bus or metro pass.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, beverages and monthly catered lunches.
- Tuesday lunches provided (Engineering team lunch).
- Casual dress and music rocking all day.
- An awesome work environment and positive work culture, which celebrates employees success, including a points-based reward system.
- Company events, such as private concerts, happy hours, team outings, holiday parties and more.