We are a young and fast-growing online marketing company, which provides website services to automotive dealerships across North America and Canada. We help our customers sell more cars and provide them with an amazingly remarkable experience. We have been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies six years in a row and counting. Technology is front and center in our company, but it's the people here who are the core of our business. We pride ourselves on making coming to work not only challenging, but also enjoyable.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer is responsible for the activity surrounding the stability and growth of DealerOn's homegrown Platform and CMS. Duties include Writing and maintaining test automation scripts to exercise
Additionally, the QA Engineer will need to be able to follow a list of tasks assigned via JIRA and review the releases of the development team. The QA Engineer is required to work closely with their peers to ensure the best quality code possible and prevent bugs from entering production. As a part of the DealerOn Quality Assurance team, it is their duty to maintain a stable code base and reduce the amount of bugs released into production. This is a mid-level position, located in our Headquarters office (Rockville, MD).
* Work within the Development Team to build a scalable testing environment from the ground up that is specifically designed to facilitate rapid integration and deployment
* Work with Developers and internal customers to define requirements, do technical analysis of current workflow and generate testing and automation plans for new projects and see them through to fruition
* Ability to write Gherkin within SpecFlow to fully describe testing scenarios
* Bring new insights to the team and find ways to implement them that improve the overall efficiency and technical offering of our product, and our development process
* 3+ years of dedicated relevant professional experience in QA; or
* 2+ years as a Software Engineer in Test or as a Software Developer
* Professional experience with version control systems such as Git, and deployment tools such as TeamCity
* Interested in the advancements of technology
* Understanding of unit testing frameworks such as NUnit, MbUnit, MSTest, xUnit
* Understanding of front-end testing frameworks such as Selenium, Watir, SWAT, Telerik WebUITest Studio
* Experience with performance testing and exposure to performance testing tools is a plus
* Experience working in groups of varying sizes as well as accomplishing individual work
* Experience with Cross-Browser/Platform/Device testing methods
* Identify bugs during the QA process prior to releasing to production
* Work with the more senior members of the QA team to establish a staging/testing environment
* Experience testing large web-based and service-oriented applications
* Professional experience in PowerShell, Bash, and other scripting languages
* C# .NET development experience
* Understanding of Object Oriented Programming
* Passionate about quality
* Website farm running on .NET 4.6 with blend of VB and C# (refactoring toward C#), NHibernate, Redis caching, SQL Server, Microsoft ARR front-end cache and routing
* Homebrew CMS in ASP 3.0. To be replaced by next-generation service-oriented .NET MVC, Razor, Angular.JS, WebAPI, jQuery, HTML5, and either SASS or Stylus CSS framework
* Distributed, parallel inventory import and export systems. Can integrate with almost anything CSV/API based, updates in real-time! C# 4.5, Parallels library
* Enterprise-level analytics engine powered by Google Analytics API integration, C# 4.5, Automotive-specific metrics at any tier for any customer
* Git distributed source control, TeamCity build & deploy, BitBucket, and JIRA
* Communication Proficiency.
* Use of Technology.
* Organizational knowledge.
Perks and Benefits
Aside from the awesome people you will get to interact with on a daily basis, we offer a number of benefits, including:
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* Company matched 401K plan
* Paid time off
* On-site and off-site company events
* Casual Attire
* Fun workstations
* State of the art technology
* Free Parking
* Expertise in work environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Dealeron, Inc
DealerOn caters to the automotive industry providing Car Dealer Websites, Social Media Marketing, SEO, SEM and Internet Lead Management for auto dealerships.