Passionate about owning Quality for operating massively scalable systems? If so, here is an opportunity tailored for you.
Who are we?
It's no secret that Amazon relies on its technology to deliver millions of packages every day to its customers - on time, with low cost. Our Transportation Technology division builds the complex software solutions that work across our vendors, warehouses and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting the packages delivered. Our services already handle thousands of requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve ordering and delivery experience for millions of online shoppers. This remains a fast growing business, and our technical journey has only started. With rapid expansion into new geographies, innovations in supply chain, unique delivery models for products ranging from Fresh groceries to big-screen TV's, increasingly complex transportation network, and growing number of shipments worldwide, we see a brand new opportunity to fundamentally change the way people get the stuff they need, and make a big impact by cutting billions of dollars of transportation costs from the ecosystem. Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation system on the planet, using our engineering muscle as our biggest advantage. We aim to leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, machine learning, and optimization techniques, and operate high volume, low latency, and high availability services.
What will you do:
As a Quality Assurance Engineer working on transportation technology, you'll work closely with product and engineering teams to develop and execute test plans that ensure our customers get what they want. You'll navigate through complex code to better understand features and to ensure our software development engineers continue to deliver quality software. You'll test code manually and with automated tools using black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques. You'll debug complex problems using log files and will write automated tests with Java and other languages. You'll be responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
* Demonstrated track record of delivering test automation, quality requirements, designing functional and performance test suites and producing deliverables that exceed commitments.
* Responsible for the architecture of test automation solutions, determining current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, the selection of new concepts and methodology, and the development of major routines and utilities.
* Generation of metrics and information that improve development practices on the team
* Review and critique of technical requirements and software design specifications and software implementation.
* Instilling best practices for test suite automation and frameworks and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules.
Come and see for yourself why we are one of the most admired company in the US, rated #1 in Innovation and # 1 in Customer Service, and be part of our tradition of working hard, having fun and making history!
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.