Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
The Team: Amazon Music Playback QA team owns end-to-end quality of audio streaming on all non-web Music clients (Desktop, Mobile, Echo family, and many more). We work across Music client org and partner with them for integration of the player and new playback features. We ensure quality bar is set high so that our customer can enjoy uninterrupted streaming experience. We also own E2E performance quality of the streaming experience. We engage at the beginning of the project to understand business requirements and technical implementation to better inform test plans and strategy, and test code both manually or with automated tools.
The Role: We are looking for talented, detail oriented and enthusiastic Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) to join the team who can own the project end to end testing process. Responsibilities include defining test strategy and test plans and reviewing them with stakeholders, improving test coverage, reviewing and filling gaps in existing automation. You set high bar for quality and you have keen eye for those hard to find playback and system issues. Representing the customer, understanding how they use the system and including the most relevant end to end user scenarios in test plans and automation.
Coding knowledge is required. Automating repeated tasks and test execution is how you operate as part of your testing strategy.
* You will be responsible for all testing of an entire project across various platforms
* You will own the development and execution of test plans and test cases for multiple features of an application
* You will develop and maintain testing strategies, including manual and automation testing.
* You will ensure comprehensive test coverage by working closely with the product and engineering teams to prioritize testing execution and report on test execution progress and results.
* You will participate in design and specification reviews, and use this information to design test plans.
* You will promote QA productivity through automation, tools, and other best practices.
* You will promote a culture of quality throughout the organization.
* You will interact and collaborate with the other development groups at Amazon Music and other organizations within the Amazon group of companies.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.