Costco is looking for a dedicated and experienced Quality Assurance Analyst to join its Merchandising testing team. The QA Analyst will participate in all aspects of project testing for Costco applications on SAP / MDG / Fiori platforms used by the Merchandising Organization.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience testing large scale, multi-system integrated applications, ideally in the retail industry. Their experience will demonstrate that they have a solid understanding of and follow Quality Assurance best practices, yet know when flexibility within those guidelines is acceptable. They have a clear understanding of the multiple software development methodologies and will have worked in several. They will have solid technical skills which will be used to not only find, but troubleshoot and research problems and issues when they come up.
They will have strong communication skills demonstrating their ability to collaborate with not only other QA people but with developers, project managers and various levels of management. They will be effective in the use of their time, demonstrate a strong sense of project urgency along with an ability to work under pressure while still delivering on schedule. Their experience will show that they can effectively work on multiple projects at one time - prioritizing their daily work to meet the needs of the projects.
They are personable, approachable, willing to help others, able to work under minimal supervision and not easily distracted from their tasks.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Participates in requirements & use case/user story reviews
* Provides accurate estimates for QA resources and testing schedules
* Responsible for creating and gaining project approvals on project test plans
* Responsible for creating and/or overseeing the creation and approval of project test cases, scripts and conditions.
* Responsible for overseeing or generating all QA-related documentation
* Ensuring adherence to standardized QA policies, processes and documentation standards
* Execution of test cases, defect management, and adherence to test schedule
* May coordinate onshore and offshore testing
* Responsible for helping to mentor and develop other members of the IS QA team
* Responsible for UAT support and testing production defect fixes
* Responsible for being familiar with source code, version management, and code deployment standards and for utilizing this knowledge to ensure that QA processes and procedures for test environments are followed and that the integrity of the various environments is not compromised.
* Attend any meetings as required to execute the project, provide status updates or demo functionality to stakeholders
* Provides weekly QA project status reports
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary
* Assists in other departments of the company as necessary
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* Minimum 4 years' software quality assurance experience
* Minimum 4 years' experience testing in one or more of the following environments: Cloud based testing, UI testing, Functional testing, n-tier client/server, and RDBMS environments
* Minimum 2 years' hands-on experience using HP, Mercury, IBM, or other industry standard SQA tools
* Strong knowledge of a typical SDLC, agile and SQA methodology
* Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem solving skills
* Ability to produce effective software test plans and test cases
* Solid understanding of build tools and software configuration management standards
* Proven ability to provide project testing estimates
* Strong work ethic, positive attitude & excellent collaboration skills
* Ability to work effectively and produce consistent results with minimum supervision
* Strong communication and leadership skills with ability to communicate with all levels of the organization from senior management down to staff level
* Able to support off-hours work as required, including weekends, holidays, and 24/7 on call responsibilities on a rotational basis
* High level understanding of design/development methodologies and project management concepts
* Experience with SAP(S/4), MDG, and/or Fiori
* 2 years' SQA experience working within an iterative development framework
* 2 years' experience leading offshore testing a plus
* 3-plus years' as a test lead preferred
* 2 years' project management experience to include scheduling
* 3 years' experience with MS SQL Server or DB2 and the ability to write basic SQL queries
* Experience with multiple Costco business areas/systems
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
About Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.