University of California
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptance-academic and artistic, political and cultural-make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: July 3, 2019
University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR) strengthens Berkeley's excellence through engagement with alumni, parents, undergraduate and graduate students, and friends of the University, raising public awareness about Berkeley and increasing private philanthropy. UDAR provides overall direction for the campus' philanthropic advancement strategies and works to strengthen unit development in partnership with campus fundraisers. The Division handles a range of central activities and services encompassing communications, stewardship, prospect development, gift management, and more.
The Quality Assurance Analyst for Advancement Planning and Analysis applies quality assurance and release management concepts to perform complex testing of software to ensure that all information systems products and services meet industry standards, end-user requirements, operate according to specification and are free from defects.
The position works with system users, business analysts and programmers to develop use case scenarios, test cases and scripts and assists in developing test plans, testing documentation, facilitating user acceptance testing and customer support. Responsibilities include performing complex QA tasks such as initiating test cases, executing automated scripts, analyzing test results, identifying items requiring remediation, analyzing errors and working with developers to resolve problems. In addition to administering quality assurance protocols, the role oversees improvements to current testing procedures and tools.
* Works with system users, business analysts and programmers to develop use case scenarios, test cases and scripts.
* Assists business analysts in developing test plans, testing documentation, facilitating user acceptance testing and customer support.
* Performs complex QA tasks such as initiating test cases, executing automated scripts, analyzing test results, identifying items requiring remediation.
* Analyzes why scripts or systems fail and works directly with application developers and business analysts to resolve problems.
* Reports progress on problem resolution to project managers and unit management.
* Applies Quality Assurance and Release Management concepts to perform complex testing of software to ensure that all information systems products and services meet industry standards, end-user requirements, operate according to specification and are free from defects.
* Applies QA/Release Management standards for migration of new and upgraded software from test to production environment
* Serves as a quality assurance lead for unit in the development of new standards and guidelines.
* Implements improvements to current testing procedures and develops models of possible future configurations.
* Performs work flow analysis and recommends quality and tool improvements.
* Administers quality assurance tools and protocols.
* Requires thorough knowledge of applications function and analysis.
* Must have knowledge relating to the design and development of applications programs and analysis of those applications.
* Requires knowledge of other areas of IT.
* Knowledge of department processes and procedures.
* Requires skills associated with programming design, modification, implementation and analysis of those applications.
* Requires interpersonal skills in order to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
* Must be able to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
* Requires thorough understanding of using automated testing tools and ability to perform automated QA procedures.
* Requires skills related to application lifecycle management.
* Requires proficiency in JAVA, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX, Selenium, JIRA, Microsoft and Google suite solutions
* Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training required.
* Masters Degree preferred.
Salary & Benefits
Annual salary is commensurate with experience. Hiring range will be $86,800 - $95,000
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
About University of California
University of California is a public research university system.