We're looking for a high-energy, passionate individual to be part of our QA team. This is a hands-on position for delivering a high-quality software testing across the Assurant organization. If you have a passion for quality and are someone who likes to figure out how things work, then Assurant has an opportunity for you! You will take pride and ownership of key parts of the software and certify its quality and correctness before delivery to the customer. To qualify you need a great attitude and ability to work in context of agile software development.
* Take QA ownership to perform activities for projects and initiatives that enhance our Salesforce systems and other platforms.
* Analyze user stories and business process requirements to estimate quality risks
* Own multiple features/modules of Salesforce application within the agile project development
* Create testing-related documentation, including test plans, test cases/scripts, and bug reports assessing quality and associated risk
* Create, clarify and improve story descriptions, acceptance criteria and testing outlines
* Participate actively in functional, system, integration, regression testing and test automation activities within project timelines
* Work with Project Managers, Software Engineers, Product Managers, QA Engineers / Manager in an Agile team environment
* Build and Perform manual and automated software testing.
* Investigate test failures or other system anomalies and characterize possible root causes.
* Participate in evaluating overall release quality and provide project details to support go/no-go decisions
* Embrace the Agile methodology and adapt to the rapid release sprint cycle
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Math, Computer Science or similar
* 5+ years of overall software QA testing and or in QA development experience
* 1+ years of experience in building and maintaining test automation frameworks using Selenium with Java, Ruby or any other programming language
Other Knowledge / Skills:
* A demonstrable history of self-motivation and a bias towards acting and getting things done
* Knowledge in testing Web Services and knowledge on using XML formats
* Must have experience with Atlassian products like Jira, Confluence or similar
* Understanding of Software QA methodologies, tools and approaches (black box and/or automated testing) in a software company with short release cycles
* Experience working in a hands-on quality assurance role over several years
* Experience in writing test cases and scenarios that cover both sanity and in-depth testing for functional, system, integration and end to end aspects
* Ability to set application configurations and create test data sets
* Creative & ambitious person with a passion for excellence
* Strong interpersonal, relationship building/relationship management and facilitation skills
* Salesforce testing experience is desired
* Experience in using JMeter tool for API performance testing is desired
* Agile methodology experience
* Certification as Salesforce Administrator
* API level testing
* Knowledge and understanding on cloud technologies used in enterprises
* Working with highly-available, software-as-a-service platforms
* Knowledge of Salesforce.com and/or Force.com
* Experience with Customer Relationship Management and/or Product Warranty industry practices a plus
Assurant is a provider of risk management products and services.