qa team lead
who we are
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
The QA Team Lead will define and continuously improve procedures for quality assurance, creating, executing, and maintaining test cases to ensure quality control standards are achieved. This position will be responsible for assisting and overseeing Test Engineers to ensure they have the tools and training they need, and they are following the established quality assurance processes. This will include conducting rigorous testing throughout the development process, identifying potential issues, and reporting them back to development teams. In some cases, the QA Team Lead will be responsible for creating and implementing fixes and improvements, working with their team and with others in the organization to deploy updates and resolve issues that arise during the Software QA process.
* Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices
* Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics and applying industry best practices
* Develop new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
* Work as a member of a Scrum team to deliver the functionality as defined by the Product Owner
* Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally
* Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers
* Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans, and procedures (manual and automated)
* Identify bugs and issues to be remediated for increased product quality
* Coordinate activities with development teams
* Estimate and review QA efforts as part of the overall development effort
* Maintain documentation
* Manage testing schedules
* Bridge gaps between teams and practice operational transparency
* 5+ years of IT project or consulting experience
* 3 + years of experience as a QA Test Lead
* Proficiency working within the Software Development Life Cycle with experience in an Agile environment
* Proficiency with task management tools (JIRA) and data handling tools (Excel), Content Management System (CMS) experience highly desirable
* Organized with the ability to work with minimal supervision
* Ability to understand complex written or verbal instructions/requirements
* Must demonstrate a high level of responsiveness in communicating with other members of the IT team and internal constituents on all forms of communication (e.g. phone, in-person, and email)
* Capable of managing and collaborating with global teams
* Understanding of test automation frameworks and tools
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated success communicating with coworkers and other internal constituents
* Must possess high energy and work with a sense of urgency
* Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask, with a thorough attention to detail required
* Excellent analytical skills
* Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed
* Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments
At InnerWorkings we understand that your life extends beyond the workplace. We value our employees and offer a variety of benefits including health and wellness, time off, volunteer opportunities and retirement plans designed to keep our employees at the top of their game and inspired to be a part of the InnerWorkings team.
InnerWorkings is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
InnerWorkings, Inc. is the marketing execution firm serving brands across a wide range of industries.