At Riot, we believe "QA" is more than the bug-finding process that follows months of development work. For us, it's a set of values, practices, and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists, and designers to realize their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. By honing our craft of quality and demonstrating cross-discipline partnerships we are improving how quickly we can deliver while reaching ever higher degrees of product integrity. This exciting opportunity challenges us to rethink our approach every single day to ensure we provide the very best for our players. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for players, globally.
You'll work closely with a small internal team to understand priority while coordinating between external development and testing teams to ensure execution of an effective Test Strategy. You'll make sure team members around you are aware of the risks for each product currently in development as well as the state of each game. Being in a small team means flexing outside your comfort zone taking on a wide range of tasks including rating submissions, localization coordination, legal reviews and submissions to first parties. As a leader within the QA Discipline, you'll support the discipline and help inform the long term vision of Riot Games Quality Assurance.
As a QA Manager within Creative and IP Development, you'll be responsible for the construction of the QA strategy for all products within the portfolio of games. As an expert QA Manager, you'll identify crucial metrics to provide up-to-date info around the quality status of any product in development while building a strategy to ensure effective and efficient test coverage across games. As the sole driver of QA among the small team, you'll need to evaluate new partners and identify risk and mitigation plans across both potential and ongoing projects. A true innovator with a knack for communication, you'll find ways to blend standard QA practices among multiple external parties with production and creative to ensure the highest quality products.
* Lead holistic quality across multiple games within a diverse portfolio by driving ownership across the development life cycle of these games
* Coordination with external development teams to evaluate their QA capabilities and drive risk identification/mitigation efforts for upcoming product launches
* Maintain playtest environments for multiple products
* Work with internal partners to establish compatibility and performance testing capabilities
* Partner with the Player Support team to ensure they are equipped to handle upcoming games and have visibility into live player issues
* Collaborate with localization specialists on the content of a project
* Five years of leadership experience in QA. You've launched multiple games on time, at high quality across many platforms and genres
* You have experience working with first parties such as Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, iOS, and Android to submit games
* You understand how significant quality is to deliver the best experiences to players
* You have plenty of experience writing test cases, handling bug databases and reporting quality by collecting and distilling data into a consumable form for all parties
* Experience handling 1st parties, submissions, age ratings, and legal reviews
* You have superb communication and can work with a variety of people, effectively communicating everything from data to creative feedback
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
About Riot Games
Riot Games is a global company that develops online games.