QA Engineering Manager
* 1825 South Grant Street, San Mateo, CA, USA
Who We Are:
SnapLogic is the leader in self-service application and data integration. Our mission is to make it fast and easy for users to access, connect and analyze enterprise data to improve business processes, accelerate decision-making, and drive better business outcomes.
SnapLogic's Enterprise Integration Cloud accelerates data flow across applications, databases, data warehouses, big data streams, and IoT deployments - whether on-premises or in the cloud. Unlike traditional integration software that requires painstaking, hand-crafted coding by teams of developers, SnapLogic's simple but powerful platform enables both IT and business users to create quality, scalable data pipelines that get the right data to the right people at the right time.
Hundreds of Global 2000 customers - including Adobe, AstraZeneca, Box, GameStop, Verizon, and Wendy's - rely on SnapLogic to automate business processes, accelerate analytics, and drive digital transformation. SnapLogic was founded by data industry veteran Gaurav Dhillon and is backed by blue-chip investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Capital One, Ignition Partners, Microsoft, Triangle Peak Partners, and Vitruvian Partners. Learn more at snaplogic.com.
We are looking for a QA Manager who is highly motivated to lead a QA team that is responsible for ensuring product quality before it ships. You should have experience building repeatable test processes, incorporating feature development into test plans and managing the execution of testing across various types of technologies. As the QA Manager, you will manage a team that will drive the creation of test frameworks to ensure the execution of those tests through various automation frameworks. This role requires that you are able to take initiative, are comfortable presenting reports and inefficiencies that can be optimized and are capable of executing manual QA throughout the development cycle. If you have what it takes to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
What You'll Do:
* Work with product design and customer-facing teams to gather and verify requirements for test scenarios that match customer use cases.
* Own the architecture and implementation of automation test frameworks across web and backend APIs.
* Provide input during the architectural design process.
* Be an active participant in iterating and improving engineering processes.
* Work with customer-facing teams providing support to reproducing issues and gathering as much detail as possible to hand off to the appropriate engineering teams.
* Be able to lead and manage other people in terms of maximizing output while providing career growth.
What We're Looking For:
* Successful candidates must demonstrate a passion not only for technology, but for our mission to elevate the impact of people in the connected industrial workspace.
* 8+ years' experience as a test engineer / developer / or related field.
* 5+ years' experience as a QA engineer.
* Git-based workflow with build tools for continuous integration systems such as Jenkins.
* Experience working with REST API implementations.
* Agile development practices and feature estimations.
* You enjoy collaborating across teams and work well in a cross-functional environment.
* You thrive working in a fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
* You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Very strong SQL skills, you will use them on a daily basis.
Nice to Have's:
* 5+ years' experience managing other technical resources.
* 3+ years' experience with Java, and/or Python programming languages.
* Unit test frameworks test-driven development practices.
Why Join Now:
There's never been a better time to join SnapLogic. Here are the top 6 reasons to become part of the SnapLogic team:
* Hot Market: With the proliferation of cloud apps, explosion of big data sources, emergence of IoT, and an increasingly complex data landscape, the need for integration technologies has risen to the top of the agenda for data-driven companies. According to industry analysts, the Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) market grew by 70% in 2017, the fastest growth area in the application infrastructure and middleware market.
* Company Momentum: In 2017, fueled by its best-ever Q4, SnapLogic saw triple-digit bookings growth year-over-year, adding global customers like Emirates, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Illumina, PwC, Qualcomm, Schneider Electric, Smith College, Thomson Reuters, and Workday. Driven by the 250+ of industry's best and brightest employees in offices across North America, the UK, and India along with a constantly growing network of industry partners, SnapLogic has consistently acquired recognition from analysts, reporters, industry boards and communities.
* AI-fueled Product Innovation: SnapLogic's modern, self-service, cloud-native platform makes integration fast and easy with no coding - for IT and business managers alike. Earlier this year, SnapLogic celebrated the one-year anniversary of its industry-first artificial intelligence technology, called Iris AI, which underpins a series of exciting innovations set to debut over the next 2-3 years to drive the future of autonomous integration.
* Happy Customers: Our customers are seeing unmatched results with the SnapLogic platform. Adobe enabled 800+ "citizen integrators" and saved millions per year. AstraZeneca enabled 600+ self-service users globally on a single platform for both apps and data. Box connected 24 + apps in months with only 1.5 developers. SnapLogic's customer retention rate is 95%+, and analysts recognize SnapLogic as the industry leader in customer satisfaction.
* Industry Recognition: Throughout the years, industry-watchers have recognized our company, products, customers, and employees as best-in-class. Gartner recognized SnapLogic as a Leader for the third straight year in their Magic Quadrant for Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS), Mogul named SnapLogic among the Top100 Companies for Millennial Women in 2017, CRN Magazine picked SnapLogic as a top innovator in their 2018 Big Data 100 List, and DBTA Magazine named SnapLogic among the Top 100 Companies That Matter Most in Data.
* Vibrant Company Culture: We firmly believe that our people are our strongest asset as a company and we never lose sight of that fact. Our work environment and employee programs and services are all geared to ensure that our employees have challenging and meaningful roles and also a great place to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to keep our culture thriving and strong are paying off: for two years' running, we have been named a Bay Area Top Workplace by the Bay Area News Group and Mogul selected SnapLogic for their list of the Top 100 Companies for Millenial Women.
SnapLogic is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with offices in New York, NY; London, UK; and Hyderabad, India.
To all recruitment agencies: SnapLogic does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SnapLogic employees or to any other company location. SnapLogic is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the company. SnapLogic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SnapLogic complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. SnapLogic expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of SnapLogic employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.