The New York Stock Exchange, a subsidiary of Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (ICE) presents an opportunity for a full-time QA Engineer to join a team responsible for functional testing, design & develop comprehensive automated test strategy and test cases. The QA Engineer will have experience in all phases of software development lifecycle, from requirements gathering, designing test plan, integration testing, functional and regression testing, debugging issues and supporting in production.
This position requires technical proficiency/problem solving as well as an eager attitude, professionalism, ability to interact positively and confidently and solid communication skills.
* Functional testing and designing and developing comprehensive automated test strategy and test cases.
* Building automated testing architectures / frameworks and/or work on existing frameworks using tools like QTP/UFT or Test Complete
* Reviewing business and functional requirements in order to create test strategy and write detail oriented test cases
* Working with cross-functional teams to build test scenarios during requirements and coding phases
* Designing effective component, system, functional and application level test scenarios in line with business requirements
* Writing automated tests using Java, Python, Java Script and/or user-level automated tools to help ensure the delivery of quality trading system applications
* Taking the initiative to improve efficiencies across systems/projects
* Supporting operations, including executing process validations, methodology and audits
* Maintaining testing and analysis tools; identifying any negative changes to both QA and production environments and work with cross-functional teams to resolve those concerns
Knowledge and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
* 5+ years of relevant QE experience involving application development, deployment and testing, preferably in a financial trading environment
* 3+ years of experience working in UNIX/Linux and SQL/Oracle environments preferred
* Experience in working with QuickTest Pro and/or UFT, Test Complete, Python, Selenium
* 2+ years of experience with equities markets, financial trading environment, or equity brokerage business
* Ability to build and maintain a QA lab environment
* Extensive knowledge of testing process, testing methodology analysis and defect reporting tools.
* Ability to set priorities and multi-task in a fast paced environment
* Experience with supporting production changes, UAT testing and debugging prod issues.
* Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work independently and productively under pressure
* Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skill
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.
* Job Type: Standard
* Schedule: Full-time