The Madison Square Garden Company
MSG Ventures was created to advance MSG's goals of creating the "venue of the future," along with immersive experiences that revolutionize the way fans, artists, and events engage and connect - both in and out of the venue. Ventures will explore and create technologies that redefine the limits of connectivity, video and acoustics, and content distribution, with the ultimate goal of creating immersive experiences that take place before, during and after an event. MSG Ventures will strategically invest in and partner with companies and institutions developing next-generation technologies that redefine the live entertainment experience.
Role SummaryMSG Ventures is looking for a highly motivated QA Engineer to ensure the integrity and performance of Palette, the platform of software and systems driving content design and development for The Sphere, our entertainment venue of the future. The ideal candidate will own the quality of deliverables, end-to-end, working closely with multiple engineers and teams to execute on and complete a rigorous schedule of testing. Successful candidates are creative engineers who take pride in the technical and business contribution of their work and are passionate about great systems and a great customer experience. The QA Engineer will work with the Software and Systems teams alongside product stakeholders to ensure successful end-to-end testing of agreed upon feature requests. Specific Functions/Activities Summary
* Develop and execute testing programs for:
* Write, iterate and release integration and regression tests.
* Sign off on beta, candidate and production releases based on quality assessments.
* Work with developers to identify the root cause of defects.
* Use professional software engineering practices & best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
* Effectively and consistently communicate with internal/external teams and management on requirements and status updates.
* Provide support for customers and internal audits.
* Collect, review, and interpret data for trend report, metrics, quality system review and complaints.
* Collaborate with product managers, designers, developers and other team members to identify and implement test plans.
* Determine where and how automation can be incorporated in all facets of the project, make a plan to implement that automation and execute on that plan.
* You do not have to match all the listed qualifications exactly to apply; they are a guideline and part of our wishlist. The only required qualification is a drive for continuous improvement.
* BS degree in CS, EE, CE and/or 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
* Knowledge of modern QA methodologies.
* You are comfortable writing and reviewing test automation code.
* You have recent experience with cloud-based CI/CD workflows.
* You have current experience testing the intersection of software and systems and are comfortable with hardware that includes high-end computer displays and VR-related equipment.
* You happily manually test where needed and can automate where it makes sense.
* You have experience driving quality through process, instrumentation, requirements and testing.
* Developing test strategies, test plans and test cases is second nature.
* You are proficient in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, C#, bash.
* Preferred knowledge of Testrail or a comparable cloud QA management product. You've had experience with but are not limited to one or more of the following tools: Jenkins, CircleCI, Bamboo, Harness, Spinnaker, Jira, Confluence, Selenium, Cucumber, TestingWhiz or LoadRunner. You can educate us on the state of the art tools for your craft.
* You're constantly looking forward to a better product and are able to clearly communicate your observations to engineering leadership.
* You ask for help as easily as you give it.
* Documentation is a way of life. Automation is a persistent OKR.
* You are organized and it shows.
* We work in an agile environment; we Scrum, we Kanban, we use Post-It notes when we have to. We're agile. You are as well.
EducationCandidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred. EEO StatementAt MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.
About The Madison Square Garden Company
The Madison Square Garden Company is a live sports and entertainment provider.