With a powerful combination of Digital Experience, Cloud Networking, and Cloud Edge solutions, Riverbed - The Digital Performance Company - provides a modern IT architecture for the digital enterprise, delivering new levels of operational agility and visibility, while dramatically accelerating business performance and outcomes. As businesses transform digitally and experiment with new technologies, they partner with Riverbed to push boundaries, increase performance, and rethink possible
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue and 30,000+ customers - including 98% of the Fortune 100 and 100% of the Forbes Global 100.
About this Position
The SteelCentral NetProfiler product analyzes tens of millions of network flows every minute, saving the data in a highly optimized proprietary database and performing real-time analysis. Real-time analytics detect network operations and security anomalies to alert network administrators before customers are calling for help. With highly configurable dashboards and flexible traffic reporting capabilities, NetProfiler is a go-to network visibility tool for network managers at Fortune 500 companies around the world.
The NetProfiler Quality Assurance team is responsible for qualifying a variety of monitoring solutions, platforms and analytics for a scalable, distributed, Network and Application monitoring product. We offer and qualify both on premise and Cloud solutions. We build and constantly enhance our fully-automated lab and Perl/Python-based test automation frameworks to efficiently and consistently qualify our products. We are looking for a results-oriented individual with a strong aptitude for learning new technologies to join a team of highly qualified QA engineers and experts in the field of distributed network monitoring.
* Have Independent, and guided as needed, end-to-end ownership in qualifying NetProfiler features. Familiarity with:
* Software development life cycles (both agile and waterfall)
* Requirements gathering (PRD, functional specification, etc.)
* Python/Perl based test frameworks and tools development for the next generation of our product
* Analyze regression, functional tests and automation
* Identify, setup, test, and troubleshoot permutations of software, hardware, and network configurations
* Create, enhance and execute Python and Perl based APIs
* Work with Cloud, Dockerization and Virtualization technologies on AWS and VMware
* Work with Big Data and Machine Learning technologies
* Work with Networking test equipment from companies such as Ixia and Spirent
* Learn new technologies & methodologies quickly, guided by industry experts.
* Short ramp up time to learn new protocols
* Continuous growth in your expertise and responsibilities
* Push your boundaries ensuring your growth as an engineer
* Document and track your work diligently, proactively provide updates and build on your communication skills
* 2+ years' experience in Quality Assurance for networking products
* Coding experience - Python AND/OR Perl
* Experience working with, maintaining, and troubleshooting Linux-based environments
* General understanding of IP networking
* Can approach complex problems - solving and troubleshooting tasks with creativity and with solid attention to detail
* Knowledge and experience in virtualization and cloud technologies, including but not limited to AWS & VMWare
* Experience with Wireshark/NetFlow/traffic generators is highly desirable
* Can work on your own but know when to ask for help, including excellent communication and documentation skills
Why join Riverbed:
Riverbed offers a rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. We are proud of our great culture that continuously fosters innovation, collaboration, and diverse work environments. We remain committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the most diverse group of talent to better serve our customers.
Learn more about Riverbed: www.riverbed.comRiverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
About Riverbed Technology
Riverbed provides application performance infrastructure solutions.