ScaleFactor is working to pioneer big change in our industry, and we need outstanding people who enjoy venturing into uncharted territory and blazing a trail with innovative solutions. If you are an exceptional QA Engineer who is looking for your next challenge, read on!
ScaleFactor is seeking an experienced QA Engineer for the growth of its Engineering Team. The successful candidate will be a significant link between business development and the technology team. The QA Engineer will manage process and workflow and eventually is expected to become one of our team's subject matter experts of the entire system. You will also review system requirements defined by other team members and track quality assurance metrics. You will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets customer needs.
You have a proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Your excellent interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills contribute to your continued success in this role as you demonstrate your remarkable Agile/Scrum coaching competency. Your day to day will include but not limited to the following.
* Perform manual testing of the software platform to ensure the quality of delivered products
* Identify and document issues/bugs and communicate to other team members effectively
* Document test cases which can be used to provide comprehensive test coverage
* Conduct product demos of pre-release features
* Direct user acceptance testing efforts among product stakeholders
* Smoke test new environments, merged environments, production pushes as needed
* Be/become a SME on usage of entire application suite, processes, workflows, etc
* Perform manual testing on mobile devices
* Facilitate feedback loop between the development team and the business stakeholders
* Help newer internal staff understand and use the system effectively
* Research new test automation possibilities across all areas of the system
* Proven work experience in quality assurance for a software development team
* Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
* Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
* Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
* Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
* Hands-on experience with Jira
* Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
* Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject is a plus
* Come work at one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017 - Amazing culture, dynamic office, and work alongside the best and brightest in the industry
* Competitive salary based on experience
* Health, dental, and vision benefits package
* Unlimited vacation, flexible hours, & optional work offsite days
* Stock options
* Unlimited cold brew coffee
* Dog and cat friendly offices located in hip East Austin
If this role describes you, we look forward to receiving your complete application online!
* Your one-page resume which highlights the skills and experience required above
ScaleFactor is a company developing finance software.