Responsible for developing, applying and maintaining quality standards for company products with adherence to both internal and external standards. Develops and executes software test plans. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results. Analyzes test results and recommends corrective actions.
As a member of the technical/process QA division, you will design functional, integration and regression test plans, build and execute manual and automated tests and perform highly complex analysis for multiple products. Set cross-functional product testing standards. Analyze, evaluate and plan methods of approach and organize means to achieve solutions to complex problems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Oracle Health Sciences Applications suite leads the market for pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device research applications in the rapidly expanding life sciences industry. These products provide integrated services to control and automate the drug and medical device development process. They consistently improve data quality and cut months off the clinical trials phase of research, benefiting thousands of lives by bringing better, safer drugs and medical devices to market sooner.
We are a Quality Engineering organization with increased focus on Automation, Quality, Performance, Stability and Scalability of all HSGBU product releases. The Quality Engineering Organization will be responsible for Functional, Integration testing, end-to-end solution (suite of products), Automation, performance design, performance testing, Cloud readiness for all HSGBU products.
To learn more about the Health Sciences product suites, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/health-sciences/overview/index.html
Oracle, HSGBU Safety product team is looking for Lead Engineer - Automation to be part of Health Sciences Group in Irvine, who will provide technical leadership to a group of highly competent technical engineers that drive the product automation for all Oracle Health Sciences products. This technical leadership includes hands-on technology role at Oracle with responsibilities ranging from assisting product development teams in the appropriate selection and use of automation frameworks based on product technology stack to enable the ultimate goal of continuous delivery model into the product cloud environments. This role also includes the responsibilities to automate functional, integration and regression test plans. Team is also responsible to extend the automation across solutions which will include suite of HSGBU products on how customers deploy these systems in their real life environments. Build and execute automated tests and perform highly complex analysis for multiple products. Set cross-functional product automation standards. Analyze, evaluate and plan methods of approach and organize means to achieve solutions to complex problems.
Successful candidate will be an automation evangelist, results driven and passionate about delivering great quality products and solutions used by big pharmaceutical companies. He/she should be experienced and hands-on, with good analytical skills, problem solving with great team working and collaboration capabilities to work with product development teams to build end to end automation.
* Work with cross-functional team members from Development, QA, and other Central teams to improve performance and scalability of multiple products
* Develop and maintain automated test scripts from provided functional and technical designs, functional test scripts or ad hoc for bug fix testing
* Participate in packaging, delivery and support of automated testing suites for use by technical groups within Oracle such as Porting Line Group
* Participate in defect and issue resolution process
* Coordinate testing project management by contributing task definitions and estimates for testing project plans and preparing progress reports for Quality Assurance management team
* Lead in the definition and implementation of Automation tools and standards
* Contribute to the selection, validation and implementation of Quality Assurance tools
* Perform project tasks and solve problems with little or no assistance and guidance
* Serve as a mentor for one or more lower level staff
* Passionate for continuous learning, experimenting and applying cutting edge technology and software paradigms
* Deeper understanding of technology and standards, actively stay abreast of trends and standards, recommend best practices and share learning
* Provide technical leadership, be a role model to software engineers pursuing technical career path in engineering, coach and mentor other engineers in processes and methodologies
* Provide/inspire innovations that fuel the growth of Oracle HSGBU
* Familiar with Agile SDLC, source control systems, 21 CFR Part 11 will be added advantage
* Exposure to XML, Java, HL7 standards
* Possess B.S. or M.S. in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience relevant to functional area
* Minimum of 5 years of software engineering, quality assurance, quality control or related experience.
* With 3 years of automation framework design, development or related experience
* With some experience in application development will be added advantage
* Possess extensive experience with JAVA based automated testing tools etc - We use OATS http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oem/app-test/index.html
* Perform non-routine and very complex work involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization
* Contribute as lead both individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others
* Preferable with experience working with Databases such as Oracle
* Preferable with experience working with Web Logic Application server
* Demonstrate outstanding written and oral communication skills
* Ability to dive in and learn complex systems
* Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, changing environment
* Ability to provide technical leadership to the team
* Demonstrate excellent presentation & time management skills and must be a great team player
* Demonstrate outstanding analytical skills with ability to recognize and articulate deviations and participate in the excellence of on-going process improvements
Oracle is a computer technology corporation developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products.