Two Sigma IQ is an independent affiliate of Two Sigma Investments, LP, dedicated to being a partner to some of the most established companies in the insurance industry. Aligned with Two Sigma's vision of finding value in the world's data, Two Sigma Insurance Quantified utilizes technology, data science, intelligent automation and cloud-based computing to foster innovation, better understand risk and strengthen business and product offerings for the industry. For more information, visit twosigmaiq.com.
Comprised of a diversified and growing team of highly skilled data scientists, engineers, and business professionals, TSIQ possesses the agility and innovation of a dynamic startup with the resources of a well-established company. We are building the technical platform for Insurance, underpinning modelling and production services. This platform will be cloud based, deployed in AWS, utilising several of the Amazon managed services (EMR, ECS, Redshift, Lambda etc.) as well as custom software.
Our QA Engineers ensure our customers' implementations meet their design requirements. They will work closely with Engineering, SRE, product management as well as our partners to establish best practices for testing including test tooling and a testing framework. They will focus more on system level, integration and user acceptance testing. Working as part of the implementation team, our QA Engineers are very customer focused and team-players. As a team, the implementation team ensures that client on-boarding / implementations are delivered successfully hitting all milestones.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
* Establish customer requirements and help build the framework needed to verify that the software products meet these requirements
* Participating in code and design reviews with engineering teams
* Helping to design and enforce code quality standards
* Engage developers to transform their SDLC methodologies to relying on CI
* Identifying functional, performance and security defects in business-critical software
* Champion new approaches to testing and QA
* Together with our Software Engineers, help design and implement part of the new system
You should possess the following qualifications:
* Experience working with clients/3rd parties to scope projects, define requirements, measures of success, key dependencies, and align prioritization with strategic goals and objectives
* Experience with either insurance software implementations or SaaS workflow/analytics implementations.
* In addition to being a QA expert, requires experience to always be professional, rational and collegial to customers. As this person is responsible for customer implementation success, provides the implementation credentials to establish trust with their customers.
* A passion for quality assurance, Continuous Integration testing methodologies, and change control.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as ability to adjust communications across multiple audiences.
* Strong judgement and decision making skills; ability to re-prioritize, adjust and course correct as necessary
* Cross team collaboration and relationship building, including: creating consensus and buy-in, negotiating and resolving conflicts when necessary with minimal escalation.
* Ability to practice risk management, engage key risk stakeholders, and effectively escalate issues that create business, technical, operational, and project risk.
* Identify and resolve gaps for ensuring successful and on-time releases
You will enjoy the following benefits:
* Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
* Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
* Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
* Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Two Sigma
Two Sigma Investments is a hedge fund that utilizes machine learning, distributed computing, and other technologies to improve investment strategies.