QA Engineer II (Temporary)
As QA Engineer II, your specific responsibilities include (temporary position):
* Be able to understand business process and system requirements to develop relevant automated test scenarios.
* Prepare test data and scripts, working with functional and technical groups as needed.
* Develop configurable test scripts with high re-usability, that results in a suite of automated test cases or performance test scripts.
* Follow best practices associated with code management and documentation.
* Develop accurate test scenarios based on nonfunctional requirements.
* Expert at applying standard functional test concepts to automated test design.
* Be able to execute testware and document identified defects. Identify and document defect root cause.
* Be able to configure and troubleshoot testware errors / warnings to ensure accurate results are obtained.
* Document test summary report of results and be able to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
* Provide code and automation recommendations that will improve efficiency and effectiveness of automation suite.
* Develop test approach to ensure common framework and identify issues for test planning and execution.
* Be able to understand project expectations and manage to deadlines.
* Be able to provide accurate effort estimates for automation efforts.
* Identify risks or challenges associated with testing effort.
* Be able to delineate team tasks as associated with overall testing effort and understand dependencies / entry criteria to start test case design.
* Have a perspective on the types of test that are ideal candidates for automation.
* Work with the engineering leads/business analysts to understand project architecture, business requirements, and nonfunctional requirements to devise an test automation or performance test strategy.
* Collaborate with the engineering lead/business analysts to identify and define test scenarios and cases for test automation.
* Facilitate the gathering and documenting of automation test objectives and requirements for input into automation test plan.
* Confirm problems and document as defects in QA problem tracking tool.
* Raise issues impacting quality, deadlines or productivity to QS leadership as appropriate.
* Provide weekly status on test progress against work plan, including risks and issues.
* Collaborate with lead to incorporate best practices associated with tools and test methodology.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
* 5+ years' experience in test planning, execution and validation or application development.
* 5+ years' of experience with system performance testing.
* 5+ years' of LoadRunner, Jmeter or similar tool experience required.
* 5+ years' of QTP experience preferred.
* 5+ years' of test automation tools such as QTP or Selenium experience preferred.
* Additional experience in test collaboration, application development, test automation or other related areas preferred.
* Ability to work independently and as a part of a team or a technical lead.
* Software test planning, execution and validation.
* Planning, configuration and execution of test automation scenarios.
* Analysis report configuration and generation.
* Experienced in defining, configuring and executing test sets from Quality Center.
* Strong knowledge of software development technologies including ASP.Net/C#, ASP/VBScript, XML, SQL and Java.
* Familiarity with the overall application development life cycle.
* Capable of balancing multiple priorities.
* Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Excellent planning, organizing and follow-up skills.
* High integrity and a desire to work within a team environment.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half's corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
* The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
* The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to: Corporate Staffing Robert Half 2613 Camino Ramon San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP
About Robert Half
Robert Half provides skilled professionals in the fields of accounting and finance, technology, legal, creative, marketing, and administration.