Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
We are looking for a QA Engineer to join our Connected Devices software team, helping Casper expand its product lineup to consumer electronic devices that help their customers sleep better (think Casper Glow Light!). Casper has a history of delivering delightful, high-quality digital experiences to its customers, including mobile apps connecting to physical products. If you would like to play an integral part in building on that solid foundation, are motivated and inspired by working in an iterative environment with experienced engineers, and are passionate about building stellar mobile products, then we'd like to meet you!
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you're not catching zzz's, this is what you'll do
* Work closely with Creative and Digital Product to launch new products and create delightful experiences that impress our rapidly growing customer base
* Own and drive software quality assurance lifecycle as part of SCRUM/Agile processes
* Work with team to define user stories and tasks and the associated acceptance criteria/tests
* Create, maintain, and execute test cases
* Detect, isolate, reproduce, document, and prioritize defects
* Communicate QA status, product quality, and release readiness effectively
Our dream candidate...
* Has 3+ years of experience as a QA Engineer
* Is proactive in working with developers on new features/bug fixes and understanding what and how to test them
* Has experience working with bug/task/test management systems (e.g. JIRA, TestRail)
* Is comfortable working in a technical development environment (e.g. Git, scripting, IDEs, Jenkins/Travis)
* Has experience with Web/API testing and debugging tools (e.g. Postman, Charles, Fiddler)
* Has experience with CI/CD tools and able to utilize to support testing needs
* Can parse iOS/Android/API crash logs to isolate and identify causes of defects
* Has experience and/or interest in automated testing tools and processes
Nice to have:
* Has experience working with Connected / IoT products
* Has experience working with AWS backends
* Has experience working with databases
* Has B.S. in Computer Science or related degree
The syrup on your waffles
* A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
* Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you're part of the Casper family.
* Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
* 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
* Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
* Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you! And Summer Fridays.
* Paid 5 week sabbatical after you have been with Casper family 5 years.
* Generous Parental Leave.
* Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
* Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
* Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you're feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!
Casper is a designer, manufacturer, and retailer of mattresses, sheets, and pillows.