QA Engineer-Chicago, IL
PowerReviews creates software that drives traffic, increases sales, and provides actionable insights for more than 1,000 brands and retailers on over 5,000 websites. Our platform serves as an essential resource for consumers throughout their purchase journey. Our syndication network reaches more than 500 million in-market shoppers each month through an unrivaled solution suite. PowerReviews is on a mission to create a smarter path to purchase.
As a member of the PowerReviews team, you will test and improve existing and new features to ensure the technology platform delivers a reliable and scalable experience to brands, merchants, and manufacturers around the world. You will work closely with back-end and front-end developers who are continuously delivering software and services to 1000+ websites and companies with hundreds of millions of users. You should be comfortable testing, debugging and improving applications using Java test automation frameworks.
Our Tech Stack
Our technology stack is constantly evolving and our engineers are always looking to adopt new but relevant trends. We use open source software and AWS almost exclusively.
Application Frameworks: Spring (Boot, MVC, Security, etc.), React.js
Java Testing Frameworks: Selenium, RestAssured, JUnit
Databases: PostgreSQL, Neo4J Graph Database, ElasticSearch, Snowflake
AWS: DynamoDB, RDS, Redshift, S3, ElastiCache/Redis, EMR, Lambda, Cloudfront, SQS, SNS, CloudFormation, ECS/Docker, Linux
Developer/DevOps tools: Jenkins for CI, Sumologic, Datadog, IntelliJ, Apache Maven
* Design and build test automation for our development and deployment processes to verify new and existing features
* Find and triage issues found during daily development of new features
* Build expert understanding in the technologies and processes driving the PowerReviews technology platform
* Enable a culture of quality throughout the Technology team
Requirements & Preferred Skills
* Professional experience writing test automation, preferably in Java
* Deep understanding of testing best practices in an agile environment
* Strong understanding of current web and API testing methodologies
* Strong attention to detail, good communication skills and a positive attitude
* Experience with Selenium WebDriver and RestAssured a plus
* Comfortable working with Git and Linux
PowerReviews is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.